Another Comic Book 7ft Robot Project ???

Robotnut

Here's another robot project that was found in an old comic book.

The head kind of looks like the Republic Robot from way back

when. Does anyone have the plans for this one ? Did anyone

actually send away for comic book plans ? My brother and I sent

away for the "Two Man Polaris Sub" plans back in 1970 but never

received them... :(

www.robotnut.com

post-2-1046146379_thumb.jpg

This sure brings back a flood of memories... of countless lazy summer days reading comics and looking at all those ads, imagination going wild dreaming of all the things I could do with X-Ray glasses etc! :lol:

Here's another robot project that was found in an old comic book.

The head kind of looks like the Republic Robot from way back

when. Does anyone have the plans for this one ? Did anyone

actually send away for comic book plans ?

I used to send away for this stuff all the time in the 60s and 70s---and I quickly became disillusioned with the advertised products versus the actual products that I received. As I've said before, most of it was a scam---the images AND the text in these comic book ads were flatly misleading. This particular ad may be such an example---I wouldn't be surprised if the "plans" you received from this ad would be the same as those plans I posted earlier. However, the promise of "glowing" or "flashing eyes" is an interesting spin on the old sales pitch.

;)

This sure brings back a flood of memories... dreaming of all the things I could do with X-Ray glasses etc! :lol:

There were at least two different sets of "X-Ray Glasses" offered in comic books---one was an earnest optical illusion, the other was a cruel prank played on the wearer. The first offer featured a set of pinhole glasses (with those zany swirling lenses), with a little bit of thread partially obscuring the pinholes---when your brain assembled the fuzzy image, it actually looked like you could see the bones in your hand (if you held it up to a bright light). The other offer featured a set of glasses with messy graphite applied to the rims, so it would leave this nasty and carcinogenic ring of graphite around the wearer's eyes---making him look like a complete fool by the time he/she realized it was a scam. Ah, the good old days.

;)

Yeah hehehe the "optical illusion" Xray Glasses were the ones I got after my imagination got the better of me! The ads sorta depicted one being able to see thru flesh to bones. I remember I was totally disappointed when I got them as I had imagined using them for other things!

I guess these ads were still stuck in my mind when years later, I got disappointed again when I ordered a certain Sony camcorder which was rumored to actually work like the good old Xray glasses!! B)

Archived