Catalog: Alps and "Cross-M"

Joe K.

Some interresting catalogs JOE!

Never heard of that cross m company - has some interresting stamping on it.... THE KOBE MUTUAL TRADING CO. LDT.

The Mechanical TV Spaceman in the Alps catalog is different...

Look at his different lithoes! Looking closer - everything is different - arms, ears, body.... Prototype or pre - order painting??

post-11-0-06368500-1353262593.jpg

post-11-0-69467600-1353262609.jpgCross m catalog 1960 101a.JPG

ALPS TV Spaceman.JPG

sharp eyes dirk, it isexactly the same image of the tv spaceman that can be seen as number 2363 in '67 alps catalog in les jouets japonais.

when i asked this same question years ago as newbie in the hobby here the answer was short and simple: its a drawing of a picture, toy catalogs used that method all the time.

like you i am not satisfied with this answer, because it IS DIFFERENT, lets find out why!

Ah Martijn - eagle eyes - of course. Maybe this picture is a bit more sharp from the original catalogue. This looks like a handcrafted prototype for me - the figure and lithoe is not very exact - the hands look a bit too thick. I would guess a handcrafted or molded prototype.... ??

Ah Martijn - eagle eyes - of course. Maybe this picture is a bit more sharp from the original catalogue. This looks like a handcrafted prototype for me - the figure and lithoe is not very exact - the hands look a bit too thick. I would guess a handcrafted or molded prototype.... ??

i have allways liked this catalog book, many prototypes or salesman items in it!

but yes the original catalog picture is much better dirk! first time i see it

the jouets japonais book is very much copied from copies it looks like.

the feet look like tin and it is part of the body it seems,

the arms are shaped like the little Y changing face mr atomic

interesting interesting interesting!!!

time for a new topic dirk :cheers:

• 2 weeks later...

Archived