Robots & Spacetoys Exhibition !

marco

Something I never expected to happen is going to happen soon.

My collection will go to a Museum for an exhibition from 17th of November 2012 - 28th of April 2013

Over 250 pieces will be displayed, all robots and spacetoys from the golden age.

All the Major robots will be there.... Gang of Five, Diamond Planet Robot, Blue Mr Atomic, Rare variation of Asakusa Thunder Robot ( 8-ring variation ), Roboter Emil, Forklift Robot, C-Cell Mechanized Robby Robot, Mighty Robot, Protytoypes, Topolino Robot..... and much more.....

But also many rare spacetoys will be displayed, Yonezawa`s Space Cars with their rare boxes, Yanoman X-200, Rendez Vous 7.8 but also many rare flying saucer like MT X11, X12 etc. Aoshin Flying Saucer, Many Rockets, Rare Robot Bulldozers and more...

This is the first time that such a major collection with unique robots , spacetoys and their boxes will be exhibited in the Netherlands.

The Museum of the 20th Century in Hoorn ( Netherlands ) is located in an old prison on a small island

and the place reminded me a bit of Alcatraz :) So this MUST be a safe place for my collection... No single robot will escape from the Island !

http://museumhoorn.nl

The Exhibition will be held from 17th of November 2012 - 28th of April 2013. I will offer free tickets for every visitor of Alphadrome. Contact me by email at boogo.nl@gmail.com and I will sent you free tickets for this exhibition !

The 3 flyers are from a series of 7 different flyers that are spread throughout the neighberhood of the museum and they will be displayed at musea all over the country.

The pictures are directly made from the original boxes.

The next days I will be busy to get all the robots and spacetoys at the museum and have it all ready for display. I will post new pictures soon here on the board.

Cheers

Marco

post-718-0-20715500-1352448731.jpg

post-718-0-77802900-1352448736.jpg

post-718-0-00577600-1352448746.jpg

post-718-0-76469500-1352448873.jpg

post-718-0-18509900-1352448881.jpg

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

That sounds and looks to be a truly fantastic exhibition Marco.A lot of work for you but a great opportunity to see some great pieces. I wish you well with it!

Congratulations! I am sure it will be a lot of work but a wonderful chance to share your collection with a very large audience. I can't wait to see some Pictures at an Exhibition.

You should be proud, Marco. That's great news. Congrats! And, has already been requested, pictures (lots and lots of pictures) please!

So cool Marco. You will have to take alot of pictures for those of us that can not go. Even a nice You Tube video tour would be great!

...located in an old prison on a small island...???

ATTENTION- GLOBAL WARMING! :lecture:

NL is not the best place for old tintoy robots....

HELP the bots and bring them to gemakkelijk Germany !!! :thumbs:

Ah Marco .... only a bit jealous - Congrats & Please Enjoy! :blush:

That's amazing, Marco! Congratulations! I wish I could get out there to see it.

Will there be any sort of catalog? Or, as John suggested, how about a YouTube video? Maybe you could take us on a guided tour of the exhibit! :)

At the very least, take some pictures for us. :)

Hey Marco, great News!

Congratulations, you entered the next step in Collecting: Exhibit your collection!

Let's come together and enjoy your exhibition in spring in NL !!!

Archived