Robby r1 cockpit driver

Ranger

A couple of members have said how much they like garage robots. This one I did a while back but it got lost from the site a when Brian had a web site problem,or maybe he just did not like it! I should have repainted it but it was more of a trial and error effort really to see how effective it would be.I am biased but I think it looks good in the dark and lit up.

post-331-0-29948200-1351972896.jpg

post-331-0-13025500-1351972917.jpg

post-331-0-67506000-1351972932.jpg

Ranger,I think Your new 'bot looks great. It is very hard to see,do the arms move while driving; if so, could You take over where Metal House is leaving off?? :thumbs:

The Robby piloted R1 is excellent. What did you use for the floor of the cockpit? It looks like a piece of litho.

Hi joe,the floor is simply the front of the R1 cut out top and sides and then folded in to create the floor. Then a hole was cut in it for robby to sit in. The background is a blown up scene from Alps T.V spaceman.I then added another light above robby in the cockpit.Not a lot to it really,just some carefull hand sawing.

• 6 years later...