The Goofateer's Travels and whereabout's

Goofateer

Haven't posted anything here in a while. That will happen when you close down your shop and move out of state. Moved from Central Kentucky to Central Florida. Starting to get settled in, and of late my eye has been drawn more to Sci-Fi Collectibles than usual. Starting to pick up a few more pieces, and shooting for displaying things of that nature. Haven't gotten very far yet, but here's the beginnings of it:

DSCN6614.jpg

DSCN6435.jpg

DSCN6436.jpg

Plan on getting a lot more displayed in the coming months. Also if your in the central Florida area, check out the new Captain Cosmos Collectibles Booth at the Wildwood Antique Mall in Ocala, Florida. The shop may be closed, but it lives on in spirit:

S7300364.jpg

Roger

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks guys. Finally got a decent book case in my room this weekend. I was hoping for some "display" space there, but the books completely filled the thing. AT least it's progress, and I don't have a pile of books on the floor anymore.

More soon.

Roger

• 7 months later...

Haven't done a whole lot at home in terms of display at home lately. Most of my efforts have gone to the booth. This is how it looks now, or at least a few weeks ago anyway.

In a few weeks I'll be opening a 2nd booth in the Wildwood Antique Mall in Wildwood Florida.

Roger

post-601-0-26658000-1369407569_thumb.jpg

• 2 months later...

Some new displays I've added to my walls lately.

I filled out the mini-Shogun Warrior case with another bootleg. And check out those awesome troll bodied monsters on top.

The other display has my Tim Mee Galaxy Laser Team figures, the Tomy Rascal Robot's and their ilk. Also a few monsters, and some red white and blue spacemen that I don't quite know the origins of.

Roger

post-601-0-96000500-1377132916_thumb.jpg

I love those Tomy Cosmic 'bots, had bunches of 'em during the 1970's and gave them away to kids like candy. Kept a few, they're really fun...I neglected to pick up those new ones last year with the twirling claws. :crying-and-sobbing::biggrin: I have one of the wind-up 'Creature' figures (similar to your gorilla) a friend picked up for me in 1986 because he thought it was kinda robotic. It is, fits in well just like *Altaira's full size Butterscotch Pony from years ago. Horse/robot it IS in the robot room! :lecture:

...I neglected to pick up those new ones last year with the twirling claws. :crying-and-sobbing:

That one can currently be found at most Toys R Us store's. They are usually up by the registers in their own display. You should be able to find him a Teacher Supply stores as well. Sadly the smaller one that uses the original mold seems to have been discontinued. I picked up the very last one I could find a few months ago. I missed all the previous modern incarnations though. It seems there have been quite a few since 1995 or so.

Roger

I also picked up some of the ones with the twirling claws from Jay at Robot Island. They're awesome little robots that have great play value. And like Morbius, I give 'em out like candy to the kids of folks who come over and visit my robot room. For years now I've been buying all manner of cheap fun "give-away" robots so no child ever leaves my robot room empty handed. It's the adults who always want a freebie before they leave! LOL!

Morbius, you should've let me know; I got several of those turning claw "z" Tomy bots here, I could be wrong but I think it was 2 yrs. ago- our local Hallmark store ran merchandise coupons in the newspaper that could be used on anything in the store, I ended up getting those wind-ups totally FREE untill I started to feel like I was getting funny looks :blush: from the workers ater several trips (only allowed one coupon per visit, and only getting a free robot ) :blush: Could've put a mask on and got you all you wanted! :crying-and-sobbing:

• 2 months later...
  • 3 months later...

Just did a small collectibles event. It was more of a "Show & Tell" show than regular show. I could have brought anything, but I decided on Robots. This probably represents about half my robot collection.

post-601-0-35900800-1393818329_thumb.jpg

post-601-0-23649100-1393818355_thumb.jpg

Archived