Fork Lift Robot Repair

robothut

Here is a You tube link for the Rare Fork Lift robot in action.

There is a second video a few post down from here that shows the insides and tells who they work.

Basicly I had one on the bentch today for some repair work. The main problem being the plastic pinon gear was split. I replaced it with a new heavyduty version.

splitGear.jpg

newGear.jpg

BoxSide.jpg

The way the robot works is quite cool. The fork lift assembly has a chain that connects too the top and bottom of the fork lift platform. The chain runs around the back side and inside the robots front body. The are two idler wheels on the back side of the forklift unit that force the chain to connect with a chain sproket inside the robot. Now the robotgear box has a 3 lobe cam that moves a lever that pushes a drive gear back and forth too mate with the chain drive gear UP and chain drive gear DOWN and the WALK drive gear. There is a slip clutch built on to the chan drive sproket as well so if the forklift is being held from moving that nothing will break. When the robot is in walk mode the chain drive sproket is disengaged so the forklift can be moved by hand at that time with out damage .

post-7-0-51748900-1347052724.jpg

post-7-0-86766300-1347052767.jpg

post-7-0-59508100-1347052806.jpg

JOHN - GREAT REPORT - THANKS for sharing!

A very great and rare robot indeed - and I can't recall having seen it in action. & Great explanations about its chain drive!

Great job John and cool viedo....seems like that pinon gear is a culprit in alot of non working robots.......definitely a rare version.....enjoyed that.... ;o)

Very cool pictures and video; I don't think I ever saw one in action before either.These robots are awesome but wouldn't have lasted very long at all (at least if I had the privelege of owning one as a child :biggrin: )if not for the(clever indeed) slip clutch.Now Me want one :cheers:

• Brian.. changed the title to Fork Lift Robot Repair

Archived