ZOBOR the Great fortune teller robot

robothut

Ingenious! Simply amazing craftsmanship John. I can just see this on the Boardwalk with kids staring intently at the Great Zobor's eyes as their fortunes are revealed. -Steve

This second You Tube video is useing a different camera setting for better color and the audio feed is direct instead of the cheep built in Mic of the camera. I will try and shoot a short close up video of just the card manipulations as well.

This is very nice. Love it. This fortune teller is slow and mechanical, yet he is fully animated. Not one thing calls out "why did you" or "why didn't you" do this or that. All elements contribute, but nothing is over the top. At the end, the fortune remains the star of the show. Wow, this is just as it should be.

Freakin' Awesome, Mr. Rigg! What kid could stay away from that?

What are the risks of the cards getting out of whack over time? Is there something that keeps them in place?

Andy, in the beginning I used small pins around the cards, bent outward as sort of a self guidance or alignment set up. But I found that once I had secured all joints in there finnal postions that the digital servos were very stable in there repeat actions, the servos have all metal gears and ball bearings. If the cards did get out of place "enought that it would matter" then I suppose a guy would have to swing open the infinity back mirror, reach in and put them back in place. I did mark there proper locations with clear plastic card shaped mats.

Awesome, so now I know how to sneak in and replace the cards with some obscene ones when you're not looking. ;)

Again Jon, that is just a wonderful piece. I'm sure you'll get offers for it.

It's very difficult to compliment someone capable of such limitless awe-inspiring skill to do ANYTHING his mind conjures up, but anyway Kilroy said it best... :thumbs:

Way to go John, you're Edison, Ben Franklin and DaVinci all soldered into one! What can we say, it's AWESOME in the real sense. Thinking back to/of anything any of us on Alphadrome could have ever dreamt up as a kid, we never would have thought anyone could actually come through with it all. :lecture:

Thanks for the post, always a thrill to see something from your workbench.

:hail::hail: :hail:

• 2 years later...

Archived