Wheel Protectors

robert

Well, as promised, here are the wheel protectors that were made with the laser cutter. We kept the design simple at this point. It made more sense to make something that is basically universal, fitting any number of foot/ wheel configurations. Shown below in several pictures are the protectors placed under a smoker. Let me know what you guys think.

post-2-1089475552.jpg

here's another shot.

Like I said, I tried to come up with something that is universal to a lot of wheel configurations. I'll be making a smaller version for smaller robots. These shown are about 2" long by 1-1/2" wide and 1/4" thick.

post-2-1089479291.jpg

Robert,

I think you may be on to something big here,

a simple, clean, neat design !!!

Add me to the list of interested parties,

my robots are already giddy with the promise

of no more flat feet !!! :D

Try and get some quantity priceing info. Those of use with 2756 robots need to know if its cost effective. :P

John,

We are going to be putting them up on ebay for $5.00 per pair + shipping. In quantities over 100 the price will drop to $3.00 per pair. This is for the large pads. The smaller version will be $4.00 per pair and $2.50 in quantities over 100. That is as cheap as we can go and still be cost effective to make them, due to the expense of the 1/4" thick acrylic itself.

If anyone is interested contact me at gnomenow@yahoo.com.

Robert, that looks like the beautiful Machine Robot you bought from

Larry at Botstock 2004. I picked up the Fighting Spaceman in the

middle. He looked so good when I bought him, that I though he was

a restoration job, but he is all original. As for your "Bot Lifts", nice

design. I've been making a similar device from corrugated cardboard,

but I like your's better. I was concerned that the cardboard may hold

moisture that could cause rust over the years. Put out an Alphadrome

price and we'll beat a path to your door... :D

post-2-1089517361.jpg

:P That sure is an original design. I've used cardboard before and tried to cut out for each wheel. I'll have to pick them up in small quanities.

I love it when examples are used and you guys show off some nice looking robots. That is the best part of this board.

Looking good guys!

WoooHoooo! I think I made it to my 50th post!

Darryl,

I remember when you picked that up! What a great piece! Those three look really good together.

Regarding the wheel lifts, yes I do have an "Alphadrome Only" price. Hell, you guys are the reason I am making these! I will be selling them on ebay, but go to the ADVERTS page for the Alphadrome price.

I am not mass producing these at the moment, only making as many as I get orders for, but I can easily handle larger orders. So if JR needs about 2700 of them I can fulfill that desire! LOL. I can also do custom designs for specific robots at reasonable rates.

Also, I will be posting some custom wheel protectors that have information about the robot on them as well..

Archived