Steampunk Sink ?

Eagle

So When I was down in Mt Helen Fla with Teonia and Brendon . There was an old wash basin on the back porch. I thought it was so cool , I decided to do the same thing here at the estate. Bought an old wash basin at a farm then proceeded to convert it to a working Steam Punk basin,,because I love Steam Punk,,,well a lot of it. The conversion consist of a 1911 Steam Engine pressure Gage.. Yeah it's real. Next was AN INDUSTRIAL Flow meter that required huge amounts of mods refinements and calibration. The whole thing cost about the average USA nominal weeks pay ! :scratchhead: I have been working on it in the rain for 2 days. When I say 2 days,,,I mean sun up to sun down days ! It was fun ! Man did I make a mess !

P1020938.JPG

post-545-0-54060000-1335189344.jpg

Looks great Mark! I like it without any Patina. For me that would have been a two month to two year project. When you create steampunk art do you have to wear vintage welding goggles?

There is an international Steampunk Festival in Waltham Massachusetts on May 12 and 13 if anybody is interested...

http://internationalsteampunkcitywaltham.org/

I went last year...not in steampunk attire but there was a lot of cool steampunk creations and I think I will be going again. It is sponsored by the Charles River Museum of Industry & Innovation which is where I posted some pictures of Mike Robot at the beginning of the year.

• 4 months later...

Yeah it took a beating..Weird as it wasn't in the Sun and is watertight. I have to figure out how to make a new face that will hold up to the UV.  It needs refurbished...Teonia hates the thing the way it looks now. I'll leave the copper alone,,but cover the whole thing in Rhino liner and paint it. Remove the flow meter and determine where the rust came from...Maybe well water stain ? It's all high quality Stainless..So much to do,,just stay out of the hospital..😐 It is inconvenient...