ATTENTION STEVE

SH MIKE

Well I've had a play with the new section. I realised it wasn't going to qualify as a true reference so I renamed it The Robots. It's a way of pulling all the conversations together. Take a look at the Flower Robot or Diamond Planet and you'll see what I mean. It makes great reading - you even get to see Henk in full swing and that's got to be good. I appreciate that some of you purists won't like the mixture of fact, fiction and hogwash but it's great fun.

Sorry for swamping the forum with old material but it will soon settle down.

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

BRIAN ... seems that you are very busy! Great to see, that you grab all the ol stuff together. And also to see, that many informations are not correct in my mind - so it was Volker , who made the journey to Nuremberg for the first time. ...and what a lot of "cheese" and wrong suggestions we are talking over the years. Thats a lot of work to pick the extract out of it...

Maybe the best thing to hide all the stuff later (or set a link) - and add some important pictures to the MEAT! Go on BRIAN - GREAT JOB! :)

It makes great reading - you even get to see Henk in full swing and that's got to be good.

Yes - this amazes me most - HENK is still up to date! :rolleyes:

• 4 weeks later...

Well, just got Zenbu auction book no. 54 today and finished reading about the strange relationship between china and Japan. :blink:

1st revelation, kt = Kosuge

2nd, Matsuzo's younger bro Masaya Kosuge ran kt

3rd, they both go to Guandong to train the chineese to make liliputs :o

4th, they reversed TK shokai to get KT it was never Kanto afterall <_<

5th, the arrows indicate for export worldwide ;)

6th, the TOM logo is from Fukuo Kuramochi who in the article is known as MR X :o

7th, somewhere along the line the natives got restless in china and forced to closure of the shortlived factory in the 1930's

8th the TOM logo South Pole Explorer was made in the 50's and is really really really rare and hardly comes up for sale :D

Overall this is a very nice thick auction book with many great vintage robots, diecast and other various Japanese junk. Plenty of eye candy. Yes they are auctioning off the TOM toys south pole explorer. The bizarre twist is that in the story they tried to build suspense by referring to Kuramochi as MR X until the end. Many lifers here on Alphadrome will remember the TinTomToys resident shill as Mr.X

I also like the line about how much of the research into vintage toy robots is done overseas and that the Japanese have shown no intention of doing any research into the matter, UNTIL NOW :lol:

Maybe guys, they should just leave it to us.

Do you mean they are claiming that the TIN TOM logo reproduction is a 1950s piece?

Yes, it is amazing that this piece ends up in an auction that also includes a real Lilliput, Target robot and a Mighty 8.

It is also possible that the Japanese portion of the text has the real story and that the Japanese are sitting back laughing at us.

What a preposterous piece of "research"! How can we take them seriously if they come up with this misleading fantasy? And some poor sucker is going to end up with a real crock.

Hmmm ... I still have a few skiers that I bought from Tom. (Customs intercepted them and claimed I was importing illegal medicines. I asked them if the robots should be taken by mouth or arse. )

Thanks, What an odd auction format for today's market! You need to buy the catalog for an opportunity to bid? No internet viewing? It'll be interesting to see how they do.

• 2 years later...

Thanks, What an odd auction format for today's market! You need to buy the catalog for an opportunity to bid? No internet viewing? It'll be interesting to see how they do.

I was really considering trying for the Mighty 8, but with all the nonsense about the TTT repops and such I passed. Not sure how it went.

This has been very entertaining re-reading all this stuff on this snow day.

So much interesting stuff on this page from the past! Two years out, I've forgotten it all and it's new again. Thanks for bringing it back to the top! I'd love to have a mighty 8 too. It's one of the last things on my "must have" list, but unless one appears with a cheap "buy it now" I may be waiting for a while.

Archived