Alphadrome Robot

Brian..

Excellent report on this Strenco. This one came and went so fast. The last one I saw was at The Toy Robot Museum last month and he looked great. :)

I was graced with one through the generosity and prayers and hopes of all my fellow Alphadromers. I was literally dying in the hospital. No one expected me to come home...including me. My surgery went horribly wrong and got a massive infection people don't recover from. Why I did, I'll never know, at least not in this earthly plain. I remember it was a day or two after I got out of my coma. I couldn't speak because there was a breathing tube drilled into my throat. I couldn't even whisper because of where the tube was. all I could do was mouth my words and pray I could be understood. My wife walked in with a box. On the box was a note from Darryl. It was signed by everybody. I am sorry I don't remember what it said. I was heavily sedated. I opened the box and pulled out the gold tin box and was thrilled to see the gold Strenco. I thought that was it. I was so touched that people I only know as names on a computer can think of me in that way. My wife informed me to look in the box again. It was tough because all I wanted to do was sleep. But I did, and in there was the silver box. My eyes widened as wide as the sedatives let them. I pulled it out and inside was one of these. I did a lot of crying during this time...mostly because they kept saying the doctor wanted me in a chair, all the time there was a bed sore on by tail bone the size of a coke can that went down to my bone. Pain was all I knew. but this time I cried not in pain but in delight. You guys, again, surprised the heck out of me by also sending me this version of the Strenco as well. Honestly...I think I made it through that rest of those eight months simply to get home and take them out of their boxes and place them on the shelves where they belonged. I don't want to sound corney...but I honestly believe it was these two bots that got me through. I wanted to meet you all so bad and thank you personally...and the only way to do that was to live, and get to a Botstock. That first one I attended, Botstock Five, was a tough one for me. But I HAD to be there. I am getting better year by year, but you guys are a special group. and every year, at every botstock I learn that more and more as I meet more and more of you. You guys saved my life, and I will never forget that. Thanks guys.

• 3 years later...

I was just looking at my fantastic st-1 robots and was thinking about Volker, I see he hasn't posted since November 2007! Does anyone have an update? Volker was so very much a big part of alphadrome. I hope he is ok.

Volker is alive and well....He just celebrated his birthday on Oct 9th.

He works for Porsche   and is quite busy in that job......He hinted he might due another project in the future.....but nothing  to date......We are all hoping he will......My Voker bot below...

Hi Mark - sorry I have a lot work in my main Job ( Porsche ) Volker

1937878_10201400045698934_597318048_n.jpg

Thanks Mark, that's good news! It would indeed be good to see another Volker robot. Nice photo Mark, 2 great toys!

Here are my 2 alphadrome st-1 robots, the gold one is somewhere in there too.

KINDLE_CAMERA_1436107358000.jpg

Archived