Space satellite and Flying Saucer.

ANZinSpace

A short while ago I mentioned a new toy I'd bought called the Flying Saucer. It was a fairly basic spinning prop.. In fact it looked like it might have originally been sold as a helicopter toy. Well today I received it's brother the "Space Satellite". This one comes on a backing card (which I got with it) and has a dome on the prop which supposedly makes a noise as the prop spins but I haven't been able to get it to make a sound. It was also complete in that the clip to hold the rubber band in place was present. Both were made by British Plastics Melbourne Victoria Australia.

I also have an ad for this toy from Thomas Brown and Sons dated 1958 and I found an online newspaper advert dated 1954 for an English version imported into Australia. Based on the ad below the Flying Saucer was 3 shillings each (30c) and the Space Satellite was 4 shillings each (40c) - apparently the plastic dome is expensive.

post-1110-0-76693100-1323956761.jpgflying saucer and space satellite.jpgtoy28.jpg

post-1110-0-68749900-1323956772.jpg

Archived