Robert the Smoking Robot

robothut

Here is Smoking Robert. With all the repro Robert the robots out there as well as lots of cheep origionals in poor shape it seemed like a good time to do a few Robert the robot conversions. I made a new metal base plate for the robert that has the bump and go drive from a Repro Chief Smoky robot, the metal rear wheels are from a old tin Puff Puff train. I rebuilt the bellows to provide a nice smooth smoking action. Then I added a 2 D cell battery box to the back of Robert. A rusted out chest plate from a old Mr Robot was cleaned up and repainted red, then I made new artwork for it. I had to cut this into the plastic bodt of robert to get it to fit right. The arms I left red plastic but I did add some bellows where the arms connect to the body to give it a beafy look. The old smoking robot head required alot of work to fit on to Roberts body as the head is deeper than the top of the body so additional body work was required on the back of the body to mate up with the head. The eyes flash ON and OFF and the top dome light stays on.

post-7-0-80849200-1322794567.jpg

post-7-0-77654200-1322794613.jpg

• 3 weeks later...

Archived