Robot head wall hanging

Andyman

My wifey was throwing out some baking pans and of course I couldn't let them go. I've been thinking about this idea for sometime now and the baking pans were the catalyst for this wall hanging robot head. I think I may have found a new tangent here. BTW-the chrome handles are VTR handles and were not part of the original baking pan. In hindsight they look like they were part of the baking pan.

post-231-0-13694700-1320001196.jpg

post-231-0-21295300-1320001209.jpg

post-231-0-73677500-1320001220.jpgRH 1.jpgRH 2.jpgRH 3.jpg

Nice job Andy. You know with all the space in side the baking pan a guy might place 2 D cell batterys and then put two flashing LEDs in the eyes, they will flash non stop for several months. Or you could put several types of 2 or 3 cell battery holders in the baking pan and just use it as a battery eater, any old batterys that you are thinkinming of throwing out can be placed in the different holders and flash the leds until the batterys are compleatly used up.

I thought about doing that John, but in the end I choose not to. If I incorporated LEDs that means one would have to turn it on and off which limits where they could hang it. I rather the piece just stand on it's own without the light up gimmicks.

Great piece, Andy!

So what will this new line be called?

I came up with BotSpots, then realized that should be reserved for a line of robot-themed task lights. :)

It stands on its own great Andy! But there would be no ON OFF switch with my flashing LED comment, that was the point of the flashing LEDs, to use up old batterys, every last drop of there power before throwing them out. Old D cells will flash leds for months non stop. That old smoke detector 9 volt battery could flash the leds for a week. Well you get the idea. I have seem web sites selling flashing led devices to do just this "use up old batterys and provide a flashing attraction.

Ok Andyman! You make the pan heads and send them to John and he puts in the flashing LED's and have them ready for BOTSTOCK 9.

Sounds like a good winter project and something to look forward to at BOTSTOCK 9 for the membership!

What do you say? will you make at least a few of them? I know I want one ASAP! Thanks.

MMM

Archived