Ray Guns, Space Guns And Blasters

robothut

Dr. Atomic have a look at these space guns. I took these pictures in 1999 at the Goodwin collection with a low res digital camera. Also there are more space guns but so far these are the only pictures I have found for you viewing .

1.jpgpost-2-1087598775.jpg

Wow. Nice collection. Thanks for the pics, John -- I always wondered what sort of ray guns might be in this collection. It's interesting, he doesn't seem to have any especially rare pieces (like the Pyrotomic Disintegrator, Renwal Planet Jet, or the Spinray). Also, no plastic rifles... hm. Surprising. Unless they're somewhere else... Still, he's got a number of great pieces:

There's a beautiful red/yellow Buck Rogers XZ-44 Liquid Helium water pistol (pic one, bottom row, five from the right). Also a Flash Gordon Radio Repeater, plus some of the other guns made from the same molds.

Pic two features a nice Hiller Atomic Ray Gun (top left corner), as well as the mighty Hubley Atomic Disintegrator (red handles) and a Buck Rogers XZ-38 Disintegrator pistol (gold gun, left side).

The third pic has a Space Patrol Smoke Gun (green, bottom row, third from right), as well as a blue Tomi Water Pistol (near the right -- it's got a small yellow cap towards the back of the gun... never mind). There's also a green PEZ gun (top row) that'll bring a pretty penny on ebay.

Pic four has some particularly nice example of various Arliss guns, a Zoomer Ray, a small Space Patrol clicker, a neat Italian gun (the one with the air cannister and rockets -- boy, that one must have been fun to play with) and an AstroRay (the red/white one with the fin on top). Actually... The red gun right in front of the AstroRay is quite rare. I've only seen pictures. Hm.

Pic five has a Nu-Age Smoke Ring gun -- it's the bulbous grey piece towards the right of the image. There's also a pistol from Forbidden Planet (a custom job?), as well as other movie and TV show weapons (the Star Trek Phaser, of course...).

The last pic has a SECOND Buck Rogers Liquid Helium gun... nice...

Lots of Japanese tin litho guns, too. I can't ID any of them -- not my area of knowlege at all. Some beautiful examples, though.

I wonder how he mounted them in the shadow boxes...

Glad you like the pictures wish I could find my other pictures as he many more, they are all mint. I used to make repros of the blaster from Forbiddon planet, I had an actual blaster from the movie at one time and made a mold of the blaster so I could make resin repros, like the ones I have on display in the hut, but it is possible that he bought a actual blaster prop from Bill Malone as Bill had a few for sale years ago.

Archived