Mr Nimoy autographs SpockBot

Steve's Bots and Rays

After all the other autograph's were obtained, photo ops completed, collectibles bought and Mr Nimoy's farewell presentation, this past weekend's Chicago Trek Convention culminated in the signing of my SpockBot by the man himself. He gave me a great compliment before he signed SpockBot's back. My brother-in-law and I had a great time! Thanks for looking. -Steve

post-1487-0-64935500-1317865755.jpg

Congratulations Steve. A really cool robot. It is great that you were able to get it signed. Now you need some way to display it so you can see the signature on the back.

Congratulations Steve. A really cool robot. It is great that you were able to get it signed. Now you need some way to display it so you can see the signature on the back.

Yeah, I wanted a larger autograph, so I went with the backside. I'm thinking of displaying SpockBot in front of a mirror with with an appropriate frame. - Steve

Yeah, I wanted a larger autograph, so I went with the backside. I'm thinking of displaying SpockBot in front of a mirror with with an appropriate frame. - Steve

Eminently logical.

You are going to need 2 mirrors to keep from reversing the signature. Maybe you could take a picture of the back of the robot and frame that, making it look like a mirror but with the signature being readable from the front. Just an idea.

I'm thinking of putting SpockBot on a small, metal lazy-Susan. Maybe add a motor to it for a slow rotation. -Steve

Archived