Some recent and not so recent additions (continued)

ANZinSpace

The last three toys I haven't yet received as I only won the auction this weekend. The first tin rocket I ever bought was the HWN Jupiter D-119 - unfortunately that one was missing it's tail fin and red plastic/gel insert. So I've always been looking for another one that was complete. At the same time I found that there were two other versions of this rocket. One was a money box and another was a rocket where someone was about to jump out aka the old Flash Gordon series. I managed to get the latter one but always missed out on the money box.

Well yesterday I won two auctions that will give me two of the money box rockets and a complete version of the Jupiter. Admittedly the second auction was an oops. I was worried I'd lose the first and thought I'd cover myself by bidding on both and then low and behold I won both.

So these are the rockets I still have to pay for and then display in my collection.

post-1110-0-32790200-1316337305.jpg

Money bank rocket and jupiter d 119.jpgmoney bank rocket.jpg

post-1110-0-93706100-1316337312.jpg

• 5 weeks later...
On 9/18/2011 at 10:21 AM, ANZinSpace said:

The last three toys I haven't yet received as I only won the auction this weekend.

Today I received the three HWN rockets that I'd been waiting for and they were definitely worth the wait. As you can see I got two of the Money box variants and one of the Jupiter D-119. The new D-119 will replace the one I have that is missing the tail fin. Of the two money box versions one is definitely mint and the other is in good condition though the coin door is rusty but it look like it will clean up easily.

post-1110-0-76973300-1318852263.jpg

So the three variants of this rocket from Heinrich Wimmer of Nurenberg are as follows:

post-1110-0-78909200-1318852286.jpg

So now I have to decide if I'm going to sell the spare money box rocket and the tailless Jupiter rocket or hang on to them. Probably the former.

HWN rockets antico mondo.jpgHWN rockets 3 variants.jpg

Hi Steve,

I would wait a few weeks, or month, because in ebay was last week one HWN money bank rocket sold. It gives more bids when a toy is since long time not more available.

Greetings

Astrid

Archived