Wind Up Twiki

kennetzel

Ever since I got the signalling Twiki at Botstock this year, I have been on the hunt for the wind up. MMM and I were talking at the comic shop about the different Twiki's, including the tiny Mego. We were discussing how pricey these can be. And they are. But one did come up for bid and I placed one for fifty. Which I was SURE I would be beat out of because the cheapest I have seen these is in pretty poor shape for $75. I placed the bid, closed the page and forgot about it. A few days later, I got the email saying I won the auction for the low price of $26.00. WOW. And it arrived today, and it is in excellent shape, and a decent size. Bigger than that tiny one anyway. So now one more holy grail found. Oh, this is the listing pic...I'll get a better one later.

post-125-0-74566500-1315847865.jpg

Okay, I took a pic of my small Twiki collection. The small one is a Mego that I painted with model paint. I do have another in original condition. He does look better silver though.

post-125-0-62476400-1315849594.jpg

Nice, Ken. I actually just picked up all three of those not too long ago. They're all really neat.

I never knew the large, light up one was part of a Buck Rogers play set that included a utility belt and some other items. I've never seen the whole set come up for sale before, but the robots themselves seem fairly common. I wonder if they were sold separately...

The robots were sold separately. I never knew they were sold as a set...LOL. But I saw one on Ebay a while back. But mine came in a box by itself. I got it at that antique store that Maxpower took us to while at Botstock this past June. So you had the choice of either buying him and the whole communications set, or just Twiki by himself.

post-125-0-75543200-1315907048.jpg

Archived