New Custom: Spockbot

Steve's Bots and Rays

This is one of two TrekBots I've just finished. SpockBot was a blast to work on as I'm a classic Trek guy. I've tried to restrain myself and present just enough design cues for a Vulcan/Star Fleet bot. The message center scrolls the text 'Live Long and Prosper Alphadromers'. I can post a video later if you want.

I'm hoping to get it signed by the man himself at the upcoming Trek Convention in Chicago. This will be the last convention Mr. Nimoy will be attending. Plenty of room on SpockBot's back for an autograph. Thanks for looking! -Steve

post-1487-0-61652000-1315619705.jpg

post-1487-0-64635100-1315619724.jpg

post-1487-0-59023500-1315619743.jpg

post-1487-0-44798300-1315619781.jpg

post-1487-0-08530800-1315619804.jpg

Really nice Steve. Love the ears! If you don't mind my asking what are the arms and legs made from? The message center is great too. Where did you find that? I'm sure Mr Nimoy will be impressed. I live in Massachusetts and frequently visit the Museum of science in Boston. It has a domed Omni theatre. They used to show a mini movie before the main attraction that featured many local scenes of Massachusetts and was narrated by Leonard Nimoy. I always remember his introduction....(Nimoy) Welcome to the Mugar Omni Theater. (someone elses voice) Hey thats Leonard Nimoy....Why'd they pick him? (Nimoy) Because he grew up two blocks from here.

It will be really cool to have him sign your robot!

Please add a video.

Thanks for the comments everyone. SpockBot's components are many and varied. His arms and legs are kitchen utensil handles. The blade on the Lirpa he's holding was cut ftom a pizza cutter wheel. His ears are carabiner clips. Green LED eyes from Radio Shack. His 'Message Center' is from the website ThinkGeek.

Yep, a Kirk or McCoy bot would be a great addition. Have to noodle on that!

-Steve

Archived