Robby: Replacing Drive Belt On Nomura Robby

USAFRet

Greetings all. I'm a newbie on this site, and have really enjoyed reading all the info posted. I'm hoping with all the expertise here, I can get some help with learning how to open my old mechanized robot and replace the drive belt. I've had this robot since I was a kid (a long, long time ago!). He's been working fine until recently when the pistons and antennae quit moving. From what I can see, it looks like undoing two tabs each on the front and rear of the bottom of the body, two on the back and possibly the two at the bottom of the on/off switch on his chest would allow the body to be removed. Am I on the right track? Thanks in advance!

USAFRet, welcome to Alphadrome, I have been searching the drome and found this old item Robothut our resident expert suggests you only have to remove the vertical antenna to fit a new belt, perhaps John (robothut) will expand on this, sounds a bit fiddly. :D

It's been a long time but I was able to replace the belt by removing the right ear and the chrome chest plate. I used a VCR belt I bought online (probably won't find them anymore).

• Brian.. changed the title to Robby: Replacing Drive Belt On Nomura Robby

Archived