Latest Project: Maximillian from The Black Hole

SarasotaRobby

I was going to wait until he was done and on display to take a picture but I think I'm going to burst before then. Here is the in-progress master of my next big robot, Maximillian from The Black Hole. He's going to be a big boy. Still a lot of detail work to be done but we painted him red to get an idea what he'd look like done.

post-704-0-31196900-1314378141.jpg

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

VERY nice. I sure wish I had the stamina and talent to do something like this. Between you and John...some great stuff...full size stuff. Can't wait to see the finished project. Have you ever considered doing VINcent? I always liked that one.

There is already somebody making a 1:1 VINCENT on RPF (Replica Prop Forum).

Now might be a good time to mention the master pictured above will have served it's purpose once my project is done and will be available for sale.....

You did it ! Nice !

Of course I did, there was never any doubt! He'll be my last full size robot as I am officially out of room.

Are you sure you don't have enough room for V.I.N. Cent ?

Just teasing! Here's a hand made full size VINCent by my friend, enjoy.

post-441-0-87589700-1314732199.jpg

Are you sure you don't have enough room for V.I.N. Cent ?

Just teasing! Here's a hand made full size VINCent by my friend, enjoy.

No VINCENT, but I'll make room for that TOBOR in the background

There are rumors of a remake of this movie. As much as I like Max, this is one movie that could be improved upon, story-wise.

• 2 years later...

Max languished for a bit but is now back on track. He is in FL now and will be getting a makeover prior to molds being made.

post-704-0-29434400-1397262583_thumb.jpg

The movie I couldn't get through at all :sorry: but Max was the coolest thing in the film to me, I feel he was really well done and suitably menacing. You full-size build artists are amazing.

No need to say you are sorry. Most of the movie really sucked. But Max was the most bad-ass robot of all movie history, IMHO. I will get a Vincent later, and Max will kick his butt this time.

If they had given Max a voice and some lines then you know he would have sucked also. Thanks to his silence he was the best actor and robot in the movie.

Yes John, better to have kept his mouth shut and have people think he's an idiot than to open it and remove all doubt. :rolling::diggin:

Oh man, that was one of my favorite bad-bots!! :ohmy: Really nasty. I have one of the small Italian action versions with the magnetic joints. This will look incredible when completed. :wub: Well, if the nice folks at Publisher's Clearing House ever show up with the big cardboard check...I will buy one of every jumbo you can make me!!! :pigsfly:

Archived