Roadster Robert (And Son!)

MaxPower

Here's another whimsical John Rigg creation featuring Robert the Robot Jr. - and he ingeniously added a modified push-puppet robot in the shotgun seat too! But wait, there's more!! He also added a bump-and-go mechanism, gave Robert a lighted head, lighted eyes, and... A SMOKER! He even gave the 1970s Tootsietoy Roadster working headlights.

post-309-0-33471400-1310173038.jpg

post-309-0-28532000-1310173063.jpg

post-309-0-90815500-1310173083.jpg

post-309-0-10279100-1310173111.jpg

For mere mortals this would be a daunting task, for RobotHut it's a diversion from a major home remodeling project! I just stare in disbelief at what he routinely accomplishes. It boggles the mind.

Another great mini Robert conversion and with a partner! I would like to see this in action!

Excellent creation.

If I had that there's just one thing I'd add,,, the cigar out of Benders mouth and stick it in his mouth grill. Robert smoking a Cuban with added smoke,,very cool! :D

For the bump and go drive I used the gear box from a China PUFF PUFF locomotive. The smoker is from a Magic Mike, the bellows for the smoker is a sqeaker from one of my dogs toys that he chewed up. The light on top the head is a cut down red dome from a chief robot man repro, with a small lamp from a R-1 robot, the eyes lights are from a R-1 robot as well wired to be 1/2 power, the head lights are from some china toy wired to be 1/2 power as well. two C cells fit in a battery holder under the cars back trunk area.

Archived