Buck Rogers Diorama

Phil R

Some time ago I purchased a lithograph called DAWN PATROL. It was painted as part of a fund raiser for the proposed Buck Rogers web series. Although they were unsuccessful in the fundraiser I bought one of the framed lithos on Ebay. I thought it was a great candidate for Jim and I to make a diorama.

Jim did his usual great job making the rocket.He also made the metal frames for the canopies and provided the green film. I completed the project using a kitchen turntable, and landscaped the flat surface. I then attached flexible clear plexiglass around the perimeter with side pillars. The rocket is attached through the pillar with the rocket exhaust. It was extremely difficult to light without having a shadow from the rocket. The visual is from above the rocket flying at a high altitude.

post-221-0-03816400-1303842206.jpg

post-221-0-30551900-1303842274.jpg

KGrHqRlwE1F6W4IkKBNpSjI4Q_3.JPG

WOW!!!!!!!! That should be enough said, but it doesn't come near to describing what a fantastic job you have done. It is amazing how you come up with these ideas.

JimK

Great job guys! You nailed it. Nice paint job throughout.

What material is the rocket made out of?

Another great job guys. How do you crank out so many pieces of space art in so short a period? I love your work.

Steve, Jim primarily uses wood for his models. Some of it is turned on a lathe.

And this is my 2,000 post. Actually it's more than that. I lost about 300 posts in last year's purge.

Nice going Phil. I like it very much. Great model of a Buck Rogers space ship. I can almost imagine the smoke and sparks spewing out the back.

Peace,

Chaz

• 2 weeks later...

Archived