Any Rocky Jones Fans Out There?

JimK

Hey Gang,

It has been a while since I have posted anything that I have made so I thought that I would share my latest. As you can see it is my version of the Rocky Jones Silvercup Bread rocket. It is made of wood for the most part (go figure), a golf tee and a few other bits of garage junk tossed in. While not an exact rendition it is close as I could get with the few pictures that I could find to go by. This one almost didn't make it though, after painting the red details on the front and back I set the Rocket to dry on the rail of our back deck. A gust of wind blew the rocket off the rail to the lawn below (about 9-10 feet). The rocket hit the ground like a lawn dart point first snapping off the point. :angry: I picked up the main body and looked all over for the tip. We found it stuck in the ground after quite a bit of looking. I almost tossed it into the trash. I hate to redo work but sucked it up and fixed the damage. :D Over all I am pleased with the outcome. A big thanks to Chaz for his help on the graphics. I hope that you like it.

Thanks for looking

JimK

Not really a build pic....More of an in progress pic.

post-769-0-51708500-1303483997.jpg

Completed project

post-769-0-34424100-1303484104.jpg

post-769-0-95618600-1303484150.jpg

post-769-0-44554100-1303484169.jpg

One with the Rocky Jones XV-2 rocket that I made a few weeks ago

post-769-0-23616500-1303484233.jpg

Ho, ho, ho...this is fantastic work Jim :o , you are definitely on a roll here. This ship looks cooler than the real one :blink: ! There's nothing you can't do with a chunk of wood, it never ceases to amaze me! ;)

Thanks guys. I am pleased with it. There are a few things I would do differently but that is the way of all projects. But it was a fun one to make. Now to find a place to put it.

Thanks again.

JimK

Jim,

Another great project Jim. It is amazing what you can create with such minimal materials. I always love seeing your art.

• 3 weeks later...

Love the idea of Rocky flying around with a billboard of himself plastered along the side of the ship.

Rocky is a fun show, I can't get enough of the logical absurdities in it. Wish I could find more episodes.

Roger

Archived