Alpha-Rock-Bot The Alphabot Guitar Project

robothut

I started with a Washburn guitar that was new but had cosmetic damage so I was able to get it cheep. Then I cut off the sides of the guitar so that the new Alphabot front and back body parts that are made of alluminum would fit. The new side fill parts are wood. The eyes are LED lit. The arm / claws can be removed or swapped around to have the logo arm look or the arms up look. The arms up look is better for playing, well the arms off is best for playing. The feet are plastic and resin and work realy well as built in guitar stands.

Link to more info.

http://www.robothut.robotnut.com/AlphabotGuitarPage.html

post-7-0-26393800-1302207474.jpg

post-7-0-88656300-1302207500.jpg

post-7-0-28761600-1302207523.jpg

post-7-0-86331400-1302207545.jpg

post-7-0-67480000-1302207562.jpg

post-7-0-11697500-1302207577.jpg

post-7-0-22976600-1302207595.jpg

post-7-0-31596600-1302207612.jpg

The control knobs, jack and eye light switch are on the back of the legs because I did not want to disturb the look of the robot any more than necessary. In fact when I first thought of this project I was just going to buy a flying V type guitar and repaint it but when I got ready to do the conversion I just had to go all the way. I had to scale the guitar to match the origional logo and look as close as possible. Also I have to say I started playing electric guitar back when I was 12 years old and in all the years the number of times I have needed to use the controls on the guitar you could count on your hands, Yep I am a peddle guy. I started building custom sound effect and control peddles back when I was 12, like volume , tone, fuzz, and tremolo effects were the first things I ever made. Later came tape delays "then digital delays" and flangers. Then came my "O TONE" peddle, it alowed me to produce sounds that guys never did or could do live, only in the studio. Now days you can buy any type sound effect peddle you want, but back then you had to build the cool stuff yourself. Any way the controls are actualy still very easy to get too as the part of the lower leg sticks out so far that you just drop your hand down and there they are on the back side instead of the front. Good question Andy and now you know why.

I am speechless. I am now convinced you could convert anything into a robot.

(Botstock attendees.... sleep lightly) ;)

In a word, fabulous. Amazing John, as always.

OK, I LOVE this guitar!!!! All I can say is I'm grinning like I haven't grinned in a long time. This is just too freaking cool. John, you've always been the man and you are still in your prime. To borrow a phrase from my friend Keith - rock on!!

John, really amazing :blink: , that's a really cool axe. There's obviously nothing you can't do. Now, the big question is, how does it sound? :huh:

It sounds fantastic! I spent alot of time setting up the action and intonation of the neck and bridge. Then I pluged it in to the amp and a favorite foot peddle and layed in to it. That lasted about 2 minuts before I broke the high E string, so now I sit and wait until my next trip to town to buy a new set of strings.

Just when we all thought you couldn't top anything else you've done John, you do it again. Fantastic!! *Altaira shrieked and nearly fell off her computer chair when she saw it. Is there anything you can't do??? B)

Dang Grandpa, where were you when I was building this thing. I can't believe I forgot the smoker! Well maybe I will build a smoking robot style guitar then I can put in the smoker.

OK so here is a You Tube Clip.

Here is the new Alpha-Rock Guitar, it is being demo'd by the lead guitar player "JAR" of P.O.M. "Pathetic Old Men" group. There will be two clips one screaming guitar and one clean guitar to show of the sounds of the Alpha-Rock guitar.

Archived