New Member's Robot

Steve's Bots and Rays

Hello, I just joined the forum after checking out the great custom robots here and thought I'd share some of my creations.

My bots evolve from found objects as well as items from the hardware store shelves. Thanks for your time. More to come if you'd like. -Steve

post-1487-0-02352500-1298954387.jpg

post-1487-0-43435900-1298954398.jpg

post-1487-0-08555100-1298954409.jpg

post-1487-0-22948000-1298954419.jpg

Steve, welcome indeed...all I can say is, WOW! :o Very professional work, nice retro design, and lots of personality. I definitely would like to see your other pieces. Of course, my next question is, do you sell? :blush:

Steve You have definitely stumbled onto the right site.Fantastic robot creations and I would love to see more.

Thanks for all the comments guys. It means a lot. Since I just started this, you're comments keep me wanting to do more.

'GlassBot' is up next. -Steve

Nice bots dude. Very clean and well thought out. I agree with Andy ,Northey influence . From what I can tell this guy is pretty big. Are those shop light feet ? How about the hands ?

How was the Glassbot assembled ? Thanks for joining !

Yes, definitely Lawrence Northey was an inspiration for the silver bot. Something about a robot with a glass space helmet!

He stands about 30 inches tall. You're right-on with the shop light shields. The main body is a recessed light canister. The head is an inverted cocktail shaker. Recognize the copper toilet float (new!) ? The hands are wooden wheel halves with small wooden spools, beads, and heavy gauge wire inside for finger articulation. I can take the ray out of his hands. It lights up as well. Thanks!

Archived