New Conversion: Gearbot

laserman

I had a couple more chief Robotman conversions started but not done after I finished the others a year ago that have been setting in totes all this time. Busy with other projects, and dealing with some health issues this past year, I finally got around to finishing these two conversions. Here is the first: Gearbot. The head is made from a PVC plumbing coupler. The gears are direct drive from another motor as seen in the pics. I vacuum formed the clear cover for the gear box. The bot's basic functions is the same as the Chief's except for turning gears and no spinning antenna.

I have a few more things to finish up before I post the other conversion.

post-226-0-21674000-1296447934.jpg

post-226-0-31882200-1296447970.jpg

post-226-0-17718200-1296448293.jpg

post-226-0-91100400-1296448328.jpg

I must say that LM does the some of the most cleanest and tightest conversions around. They could easily be mistaken for production models.

Thanks Andy and everyone else for the kind comments. Commentary and even criticism is welcome. Sometimes at home, I rush up from my shop to show off a project I worked hours and hours on, to only get comments like, "oh, that's nice..."

On another note I was wondering how many conversions have been made using the Chief Robotman/Smoky body. I know John Rigg has down at least a couple dozen, RoboBob has done several. I have done eleven to date. Here is a pic of the previous nine. I still have one to finish up and post pics.

Thanks again :)

post-226-0-92016600-1296569193.jpg

Excellent conversions. The Chief Robotman can be made in great looking robots like you have done. They remind me of proto-types as to what may be coming some day. :)

Another great conversion. All of these are quite imaginative. Nice mix of materials and variation in heads. Unfortunately, I to am very familiar with the "very nice" comment. :P

Laserman...Geeze louise, those are beautiful bots!! :o Smooth, professional work, nothing cheap or shoddy, very well thought out designs. I just hope you remember to call me when you are willing to let some go. :blush:

Archived