Horikawa "star Strider Robot" - Defect

sondino

Hello,

I have some problems with my Horikawa „Star strider robot“.

The robot has troubles with his move: He walks, than he stops and opens his chest. The next step fails: He can`t turn his upper body. The engine gooses, anything happens. :(:blush:

A short vid: http://www.file-upload.net/download-3159541/CIMG2047.AVI.html

Could someone help me please?

Certainly I have to open the “Star strider” to repair it. I don’t know how to strip the robot. :unsure:

There are these metal tongues instead of screws. Is it necessary to open these tongues in a correct order? Which tongue should be first unfixed?

I would be happy, if you could help to solve my problem.

Greetings

Sondino

The Star Strider robot is the same as the Space Evil. Here is what to look for once appart. You need to see if once running the upper white gear rises. This was the first one I have done and you need to start with the head first. 2 tabs to unbend straight up and another 2 tabs hidden inside in the back top area to be bent down. Then you will be able to lift the head off. The next part to take out is the front chest there are also 4 tabs to bend out the bottom 2 are hard to see. You will now be able to see how and if the gears are lifting as the robot starts to move. Before starting to work on the robot make sure the batteries are out. Once you take it appart to this point then place the batteries in and turn on to watch what is going on. :)

Hello Roboto,

many thanks for your excellent help. I am glad to get contact to such competent persons like you.

I will inform you of my repairing-progess. :)

Best wishes

Sondino

Archived