Iron Jack Victorian Londons "nightwatchman "

Sparkrobot

You nailed it, Sparks! Excellent design and execution. I love it!

BTW-the lock idea never occurred to me when I built Frankenbot. And I have some cool locks, too. Maybe on my next steamer. ;)

A true masterpiece Spark. The products that you made the robot from are very ingenious. I am even more impressed than I was with the video. Fantastic job.

JimK

Steve, I showed the video to Teonia this morning. She didn't say anything. Well what do you think ? I ask. She said, I don't know what to say, I'm awe struck !

Fantastic Steve.

Keeping the good old British end up,,,, :huh: in a robot building sort of a way that is. :rolleyes:

Strange how the economic down turn has knocked your robot buying for a while but has given you the drive to do a bit of DIY.

You know what they say,,, 'necessity is the mother of invention' and here's the proof of the pudding.

I've been trying to get round to making a tin plate Rosy Robot for two years now and still not got beyong the drawing board.

Well done !!!

Steve, I think you have discovered a new direction in your life, metalwork :D I can see you at those craft fairs selling your wares. Very impressive in all respects.

Steve, I showed the video to Teonia this morning. She didn't say anything. Well what do you think ? I ask. She said, I don't know what to say, I'm awe struck !

That was only the pre-view,,,,What about when I make the full movie

IRON JACK into the SHADOWS :ninja:

Only joking,,,The wife wants the house back :closedeyes: so that's my creative side gone for a few months.My son has a few ideas he thinks he can help me with so I can develop the whole IRON JACK thing ,he works with someone who apparently is a a 'genius' with Corel but that will all happen in a few months time.

Thanks everyone for the kind comments,,,,,,,I am very pleased the way the whole thing has turned out,,,,,,,And the icing on the cake is I can now add myself to the small group of alphadrome custom builders . :) Looking forward to seeing the other robots / rayguns for this winter comp idea,then eventually they can all end up in one thread in the custom build section.

While on the subject of movies did you know JJ Abrams is planning to make a Boilerplate movie :o

Heres the link.

BTW,,,Funk get some lead ,super glue / epoxy resin putty , a strong pair of scissors and some gloves [ or just dont put your fingers in your mouth while working] and you will have a Rosy quicker than you could imagine!

MRH,,,,,I like the craft fair idea,but if I decide to continue working with lead and in this scale I will need a forklift and reinforced tables ^_^

Spark....

Iron Jack is simply WONDERFUL !

Hate to do nothing but gush here, but I can't help it.

I think you should get right on makng a few copies for your DEAR Alphadrome buds ....:lol:

Seriously though, a most excellent entry in the competition ... WELL DONE !!!!!

Spark, you old dedicated tinkerer! :D

You nailed the athmosphere of victorian London in a perfect way.

Iron Jack is really a great piece of bobby-bot. :)

"Evening Sir!"

"Evening, Officer! It´s very foggy tonight, isn´t it."

"Oh yes, indeed. It´s supposed to turn colder tommorrow."

"They say it´s going to snow. May I warm up my hands at your oven?"

• 4 years later...
  • 3 years later...

Archived