Winter Competition

Eagle

Sparkbot,

What episode was the clockwork robots from, Sparkbot, and who was the Doctor in that? They look familiar but I have a feeling it may have been a Doctor I wasn't into.

David Tennant was the Dr. in question who was THE DR. IMO. The episode was called "The Girl in the Fireplace" and was one of my favorites.

• Replies 134
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Can we try to get this thread back on topic, it's turning into a junk and catch all thread with nothing to do with the original idea of a new group build.

My apologies, Grandpa. I'll do my part to guide the thread back on topic, but it's tough to know what else can be said on the topic.

I understand the rules and will enter when the entry dates are posted.

Okay, then - I'm done.

To get this project started...here is a tease. I was feeling better yesterday and turned some arms. The one on the left is just machined and the one of the right has been bead blasted and acid primed.

post-242-050925400 1291953893.png

Great picture amoeboy,,,Like steampunk on a grand scale.

The other reason I am on this post again is I've just had a proper look at the list of participants in this competition.. :blink: apart from a few of us it includes some of our top custom builders! Oh well I'm in now . :unsure:

Nothing to show yet but realizing the quality of the builders past works I seem to be taking this competition seriously.I find the subject and ideas are popping into my head frequently during the day.

So far all I've done is bought a couple of components and ordered a few more bits online.

Check out amoeboys R2-D2 to see what we are possibly up against .

http://amoebabloke.deviantart.com/art/antique-d2-project-8-78029152

As they say.....

'Let the games begin'

• 3 weeks later...

Mark,,,,,,,I know I've been quite lately,,must be something to do with the great Christmas I've had.

Hope all was good for all my alphadrome pals.

Now as you say down to the serious work.

Nothing built yet but Plans being worked on ,and loads of new tools and components.

Now I just have to find a suitable place to build it :mellow:

I've suggested a big wooden cover over the dining table :huh:

The wife wasn't having any of that ^_^

It's too cold to go into the already overcrowded garden shed.

But Once this issue is sorted building should start this weekend.

I also am having some trouble getting started. First off much like Spark it is way too cold out in the garage. But that is just an excuse. My big issue is I have no idea how to make this cool robot different than he already is. Not sure what to do with him.

JimK

Not to worry mates. Lots of time, everyone is still in the recovery phase from this time of the year. I'm still in the design phase. It's not a competition but something to look forward to during the next few month's . In the end it probably will result in some of the best projects yet. You guys know how much your skills have improved over the last few years. Take it up a notch. Take your time and as Jan would say,,Have fun ! Question Steve,,Do you guys have basements ?

Mark,,,,,,The houses that have basements are shall we say the'Grander' type ,usually Victorian. And in the London / Surrey area where I live they are way out of my price range :closedeyes:

Also in London basements in newer buildings are the trendy way of extending your property

,the last option of making your house larger after you have extended out and up.

OK guys,

I got an idea and an unusually warm day yesterday so I got started. I have no idea how good the idea is but it is more than I had the day before yesterday so I am going with it. We will see what happens.

JimK

For the first time in many moons, I got the pounding stump and shot bag out. I think it has been a few years since I have used it. This photo was the first step in building Jeip .So far he is the most fun and pleasant project I ever built. Man that was 3yrs ago...Time to get back to basics and back in the saddle. Clear the bench and lock the doors !! It begins :)

post-545-0-07612800-1294430781.jpg

post-545-0-13805900-1294430791.jpg

Archived