Winter Competition

Eagle

• Replies 134
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 2 weeks later...

It seems this post has fragmented from Custom to Robots as separate postings. Since things have been rather quiet here on Alphadrome over the winter months I suppose this is the best way to extend the build aspect of the Boilerplate/Steampunk posting. I have run the gamut in trying to decide what my project will be. I finally decided on combining a project I had been think of with the Steampunk theme. I decided to put it in the Raygun category for best visibility. My apologies to Mark.

YES !!!!!!!!!! Gramps ! Shall we say BP variations, Cousins, Friends,nemesis, pets and transportation devices...So basically, you can build or paint anything . All I ask is try to keep the patina of the era .So we have the dirty Dozen ! Not bad. The official start date is 1 Jan 2011 . The Dirty Dozen are,,

#1 Fineas J. Whoopie

#2 Jim K

#3 Spark

#4 Andyman

#5 Amoebaboy

#6 Milwaukeemachineman

#7 Phil

#8 Dr Smith ?

#9 Grandpa

#10 Tinman

#11 Robobob

#12 Eagle

Anyone else want's add their name to the list ?

Mark,,,,,,,,So thats me and Robobob who have submitted our projects.

I know there is no real time limit but How many on this list do we think will actually stick it out till the end?

Maybe there should be a completion date [ He says smugley now his is finished <_< ] :P

To be honest spark, after seeing the entries already completed I half feel like tossing my stuff in the trash and claiming an illness.....cough, cough. :blush: You folks set the bar very high that is for sure. But I gave my word so I will do my best to complete something. Having weather good enough to paint is an issue for me at the moment.

JimK

Add Phil to the list. I think most all will finish up . These guys have a pretty good record coming thru . I know how ya feel . I have put the project down, more than a few times. But that's how it goes. The failures make you better and in the end you learn. What else is there in life that can beat that ? You"ll see ! In the end you'll shine. Everyone does in their own way,,,,well maybe except the vibrabot.... that some joker built. :P I have to keep track of the posts. Also Paul want's to keep updated. so I'll send him updates from time to time.

• 2 weeks later...

Hey Gang,

Well here is my entry. As you can see I went the traditional rout. I just couldn’t come up with a good idea on how to make him different. So I added to the back story instead.

The story goes that BP loved the attention that he received when he was presented to the public in 1893. And while with the military he longed for that attention, especially from the kids. So when his hitch was up he wanted to enter the private sector and regain some of that positive attention. He first applied to be the spokesman for Planters Peanuts but was told he didn’t have the figure for it. So being one not to be put off by rejection he went into business for himself and began making and distributing Gumballs. It was here that he found happiness bringing smiles (and cavities) to the children of the world. Anyway that is the story the way that I see it.

As you might have guessed he is constructed of garage junk. Mostly wood and PVC. He stands right at 17" with the base. No build pics to speak of (sorry Mark). But here he is let me know what ya think.

JimK

post-769-0-99727200-1297104935.jpg

post-769-0-27323000-1297104953.jpg

post-769-0-42903800-1297104969.jpg

post-769-0-33956300-1297105074.jpg

I guess I should have dusted him off before the pictures. These digital cameras don't let you get away with anything. :blush:

post-769-0-04362100-1297105101.jpg

A few of the build pieces. Closest I have to build pics. :D

post-769-0-37503300-1297105109.jpg

Jim,,,,,,,I love it.Very accirate.At first glance I thought who's just forked out $10,000 for a Boilerplate model

[ Can you believe those prices ] :o

And you certainly won't get disqualified for not sticking to the competitions criteria :P

Looking forward to seeing Andys entry.

Great job, Jim. War is hell, but everyone has to adapt afterward! :lol: Love the finished product and your idea is novel. Congrats! Check out your finished rocket I just posted.

Great job Jim! I'm glad someone did Boilerplate himself. Very good likeness, right down to the gold trim. I really like the gumball idea too. They look like real jaw breakers. :huh:

LOOKS GREAT JIM K !!! AS I HAVE ALWAYS SAID YOUR ROBOT CREATIONS JUST GET BETTER AND BETTER !! LOVE IT !! HEY TAKE A PICTURE OF THE BOILERPLATE BOOK COVER AND SET IT UP LIKE THE REST IN YOUR COLLECTION !! KEEP UP THE GREAT WORK !!

Archived