Garage Junk Gog

JimK

Hey Gang,

It has been a while since I have posted a project so the other day I was looking through my “movie robots to build” list and stumbled across this one. Most of you will (I hope) recognize GOG from the movie of the same name.

I had a little of a rough time with this one because I could find only one picture. Everywhere I looked it was the same picture. But what the heck I gave it a shot. I am sure it is not perfect but close.

Like most of my builds he is mostly of wood construction, with some ballpoint pen parts, wire, some straight pins, sequins, beads, and some ribbon for tank treads. He stands about 5 1/2" tall. The frame in the pics is a 5"X7" so you can see the scale. All toll it took me about 4-5 days to build. Sorry Eagle, again I didn’t think of taking build pictures.

Anyway I hope that you enjoy him and as always any and all critiques are welcome.

JimK

post-769-086680300 1289171239.jpg

post-769-033236600 1289171250.jpg

post-769-088035800 1289171261.jpg

Thanks Guys!

Hey Phil, You are not going to believe this but today was my birthday and my wife and daughter went together and got me a wood lathe. All I need now is some practice and some measurement for that project we discussed and we are in business.

JimK

O my GOG. Good job Jim! I have lots of pictures, well frame grabs from the DVD. One day "if I live long enough" I plan to build a full scale GOG.

One day "if I live long enough" I plan to build a full scale GOG.

John,

I thought about asking you for pics but just went ahead without them. I should have known that you would have a bunch. As for the full size GOG that would be seriously cool.

JimK

Archived