Salt & Pepper

Andyman

You could say I was inspired by my dancing daughters but actually it was a retractable flashbulb reflector that was the initial seed of the idea. Originally I was working on the thought of a single ballerina on one leg but I couldn't figure out a good way to support her on the spinning base. So I gave her a partner and the duo was set. The salt shaker was already a part of a ray gun in development but once Pepper needed a partner it was quite obvious I had to commandeer the part for a greater cause. The spinning part of the base is a video head drum assembly from an old 3/4" professional VTR.

post-231-080477000 1287412120.jpg

post-231-005438700 1287412621.jpg

post-231-041779800 1287412084.jpg

post-231-095088200 1287412092.jpg

I shot this video with my digital camera so the quality is pretty low but you'll get the idea.

Just beautiful !

Andy, just for your record, I took over one of your first creations (Actino) during the Robot collectors swap meeting in Brussel from Klaus.

He is in good hands and company.

So my small Andyman collection also has now increased to 5 members !

Do you have a list in which order you have completed the robots, which one came first ?

Also, one more thing, I am missing the top picture of the box of Knobby (which I took over from Steve during Botstock V). Could you provide this picture to me by Mail robotorium(at)web.de so I can print it out and complete the plain box which I have.

Thanks

Andy,,,,,,,,,I know you are not that keen on adding moving parts to your robot/saucer sculptures,but with this may I say 'Enchanting' creation I feel it is crying out for some sort of light effect,,,,,,,,The middle piece is obvious as it already looks a bit like a light bulb,,but better still it puts me in mind of a miniature 'Glitter ball'.

Imagine a light shining on to glitter ball while the robots dance,reflecting onto the backdrop you show in the video.

Just an idea Andy,,,,,,,,,With or without another fantastic Andybot model.

Just beautiful !

Andy, just for your record, I took over one of your first creations (Actino) during the Robot collectors swap meeting in Brussel from Klaus.

He is in good hands and company.

So my small Andyman collection also has now increased to 5 members !

Do you have a list in which order you have completed the robots, which one came first ?

Also, one more thing, I am missing the top picture of the box of Knobby (which I took over from Steve during Botstock V). Could you provide this picture to me by Mail robotorium(at)web.de so I can print it out and complete the plain box which I have.

Thanks

Congratulations, Gernot! Actino is the the very first robot of my "Andybot" series. There are a few other prototype robots but Actino was the first to have a custom box made and sold as an "Andybot". I'm surprised Klaus gave him up. He was my very first patron.

For the most part, all of the Andybots on my web site are listed in chronological order with a few exceptions which are noted on their respective pages. For example, "Bikerbot" was built quite a while ago but he shows up when I made an actual custom box for him and listed him as an Andybot. Yes, basically Bikerbot was "repackaged". ;)

I'll dig up my file on Knobby and send it to you when I get a chance.

Archived