Dux Astroman

Roboto

Finally after a year of looking I bought an all original working Dux with original box. The only repro is the antenna. Battery box is clean all functions and light work has should with original pads. Should it be oiled and what not to do to it. Thanks for your help. :)

Roboto, Congratulations on acquiring a very nice and desirable robot, I have one and apart from some careful dusting with one of those micro fibre cloths so the outer plastic body is not scratched, there's not a lot to do, the only readily accessible gears etc are under the front flap and if yours is anything like mine it will already have plenty of lubrication, the gears inside the body are best left untouched. Give Astroman some exercise 2 or 3 times a years and it will last a lifetime.

And as usual, keep it away from sunlight.

post-214-058167800 1286265615.jpg

Thank you. Mine runs great but the gears are somewhat dry and the oil looks a little hard. The 3 red buttons on the front can come off and looks like the inner metal prongs can be turned to take the front cover off. This Dux was sitting for many many years in a closet from what I was told. The original box is crisp and has very little wear. It even has what looks like the original pads . This is what he looks like. I paid a little more then what I wanted but original and in 100% working condition was worth it.

I missed one a few months ago as a bid or buy it now for around $1100.00 in good condition. It went on a bid and ended up at $1700.00 WOW. I got this one for $1400.00 as a buy it now and I am thrilled with the Dux. Here are a few pics of him. Thanks for the advise MetalRobotHead. :)

post-856-024679500 1286288731.jpg

post-856-030194100 1286288763.jpg

post-856-030982000 1286288785.jpg

Its always best to do nothing when a robot already works. And as already stated keep the robot away from UV sources of light like sun light and floresent tube lighting "unless the tubes have UV filters on them. Great looking robot. Did you get trhe instruction sheet? If so what language is your sheet in. On Alphadrome some place you find a thread where i posted the instruction sheets and the Patent drawings.

I found your instuction sheets thank you. I will just leave it as is and run it once in a while. No instruction sheets came with it. The side of box has a very old sell tag . The Dux were built to test the age of time. Having and seeing a running Robot over 40 yrs old is amazing. Thanks again. :)

post-856-097022400 1286301432.jpg

post-856-095215100 1286301499.jpg

...seeing a running Robot over 40 yrs old is amazing...

Why is it amazing? Blechroboter is running for beneath 50 years! :P :lol:

My Congrats for your wonderful robot, Roboto! ;)

Roboto...definitely one of the more rare and unique robots. I've always loved the clear green body :wub: , it's art in motion. Yours is so incredibly clean and minty fresh :blink: ! Wow!

Archived