Tour The Robot Hut In 3d

robothut

I have added a 12 page section to the Robot Hut that is in Anaglyph 3d. you do need RED/Blue 3d glasses to view it but I have also included a link to a web site that will send you a set of glasses for free. The RED/ Blue work good but the RED/Cyan are best.

here is a link to some free glasses. The link is also on my meb site.

http://www.rainbowsymphony.com/freestuff.html

http://www.robothut.robotnut.com

Saturday night and I am bored. I decided to dig out my 3d glasses that I use for "Robot Monster In 3D" Finally looked at John's 3D tour of the robot hut. WOW OH WOW!!! They are simply amazing!!! I did find that it works best if you can save the pictures to a file on your computer and open them from there. It elimenates all the surounding distractions. With some photo programs you can enlarge them. They do seem to work better in a larger picture. Is this the first use of 3D on the internet? Did I say they are simply amazing!!! They sure are. But remember if you save them to honor any stated or implyed copyrights.

New that you would like it Mr Jan! Just wish the rest of the robot heads would check it out. Mr. Jan send me a left and right picture and I will convert it to 3d and post it for you. Anaglyph 3d is used by NASA and micro biologist as it is the only way to tell distance and depth in pictures. You can find 1000's of anaglyph web sites and see every thing from inside the human body to Mars lander pictures.

So to take the Left and right pictures that I need to make the 3d anglyph you can use any camera. you will just move the camera to the right after you take the first picture. Do not tip or turn the camera just slide it to the right. If the first object in the picture is 8 feet or more away from the camera move the camera about 3 inches to the right for the second picture. If you are taking a close up and the first object is 15 inches from the camera then only move the camera 1/2 inch.

For action pictures you do need a 3d camera or 2 cameras.

I just added a 3d picture of my latest LIFTER #4, my largest so far you can see it in the Project book section of the Robot Hut web site. B)

I'm still waiting for Rainbow Symphony to send my 3D glasses---When I saw their inventory, I decided to sample a cross section of their 3D glasses (Web 3D, Fireworks, TV, etc). I wanted to check out their black-n-clear polarized lenses, as well---Which reminds me of something.

What is the possibility that 3D photo slides could be spliced into a TV Robot, so you could watch 3D images projected from your very own robot? I guess the light source would need to be stronger, but it might be an interesting experiment.

;)

It would be easyer to use the ANAGLYPH picture method and back light the pictures just like in a Alps TV robot, then used the red/blue glasses. You could do the transparency film pictures in anaglyph as well and it might work but the picture quality is so poor on the rear projected tv bots. I might have to try it, could be cool.

Archived