Single Tube Nixie Clock Robot

robothut

This time I am useing a single large nixie tube clock design. The clock shows hours and minuts as a repeating 4 digit display followed by a black out step. But there are also 4 LEDs that can be turned ON to indicate what postion the nixie number being displayed is.

Here is a You Tube of the robot running around and a close up of the clock action.

There are also 4 blue leds that ramdomly flash in the chest gun display. The bump and go action and flashing arm/claw blasters run from 2 C cell batterys. The robot is a blend of plastic and metal so the distressed copper finnish was a good choice to blend it all together.

Here is a link to web page on my site about the robot as well.

http://www.robothut.robotnut.com/RobotNixieType2.html

post-7-096985300 1285339881.jpg

The top dome fits off so that you can get too the two control switches. One switch turns ON or OFF the 4 display digit leds and th other is for setting the clock time.

this picture shows the button for turning the leds ON or OFF.

post-7-028891200 1285340318.jpg

post-7-053009900 1285340363.jpg

This picture shows the button for setting the clock time. You simply push the button when the nixie display shows the digit you want to change, then keep pushing the button until you see the correct digit. You do the same for all 4 digits. The clock has built in back up battery for when the clock display is not powered up.

post-7-094367200 1285340645.jpg

• 3 weeks later...

What a "killer" robot, John. :D I don't know how you come up with these designs. This guy is El Destructo. Maybe the devil made you do it. :rolleyes:

Archived