Storage For Vintage Robot Boxes

robster

Howdy- I plan on putting the original box for my Nomura Musical Drummer Robot away in a closet away from any light to preserve it for many years,should I wrap the box in archival paper or is there a archival bag that I should store it in? if a bag is suggested where's a good place on the web to order one?

Many thanks for your input.

Cheers,

Robert

Robert, first of all don't obsess over storing your boxes. Very few collectors on Alphadrome have the ideal temperature controlled display situations for their collections. If you store your boxes and put the robot or other toy in a standard display case exposed to light and dust it kind of defeats the purpose. Wipe off the toys as much as possible to keep them dust free. Run them periodically to keep the actions free.

Try to store your items away from dust as much as possible under low light most of the time and archival lights when viewing. If you need to use acid free plastic storage container then you're probably storing them in an unsafe area in the first place. Archival acid free storage boxes can be purchased from archival companies like University Products. They will send a catalog. Your acidic boxes and papers can then be stored wrapping in acid free tissue or flat items in acid free mylar sleeves or containers. The items can also be treated chemicals to stabilize the acid content. Again, try to do the best you can and enjoy your collectibles. Also, check the tips area for some great pointers from long time collectors.

Wow, great detailed answer Phil :o , better than mine...seriously, I was just going to suggest wrapping the boxes in one layer of clear plastic wrap :unsure: , that's what I do. What can I say, I'm low-tech. :blush:

Archived