Mrs. Alps Non Stop Tv Robot Conversion

robothut

A old Alps TV robot gets a new life with a bump and go drive from a repro Chief smoky robot and a paint job from the lavender Non Stop robot of the 1960's.

Link to web page.

http://www.robothut.robotnut.com/NonStopTVrobotPage.html

Link to You Tube of actions.

Link to You Tube video for obot running around the floor.

post-7-035549900 1283381603.jpg

post-7-010855300 1283381634.jpg

post-7-074440100 1283381665.jpg

I have added a thread about the paint job in the Tips and Tricks section

http://danefield.com/alpha/forums/index.php?showtopic=11355&pid=109128&st=0&#entry109128

I started with a drawing from Ozzy.

Then if you have a few junker TV robots and a repro Chief Smoky or the lower part any way your all set. I trimed up the metal parts and soldered them together and made any metal repairs with epoxie resin. then primered the parts.

post-7-087180700 1283383355.jpg

post-7-095480800 1283383482.jpg

post-7-097600000 1283383512.jpg

Here you can see the two gear box units. I have added a micro switch to the bump and go drive unit so that I can alternatly flash a few lights on the front of the body.

post-7-008109000 1283383660.jpg

In this picture you can see how the mechanical parts are placed inside the robot and you can see the new linkage I added so the arms would still move. When you do not have legs on the Alps gear box then you do not have linkage for the arms.

post-7-079484800 1283383957.jpg

post-7-084624200 1283383988.jpg

The robot still operates from 2 D cells and the antenna is still the ON OFf switch. The eyes rotate, the color bars in the mouth move, the arms move and the TV images all still operate like a standard Alps TV robot. The two lights on the front alternatly flash as the robot moves with bump and go action.

post-7-080241300 1283384230.jpg

WOW she's a looker ! ;)

I always wanted to pair this

guy with a mate .

I feel like Robotmatch.com

I'll have to marry off all my robots

& wait for the offspring :o

Nice job John

post-18-021843800 1283399659.jpg

I am still trying to get the second video of the robot running around the floor to work. For some reason when I click on the link it says its a duplicate of an other video. Its not.

here is the message I get from You Tube.

This message means that the video you have uploaded already exists within our system. We run a checksum on all video files that are uploaded to avoid duplicate videos. Simply changing the file name will not resolve this. Please try editing the video again. Changing the video length or compression should allow the video to upload.

So even though this video does not excist in there system they think it does and I would have to re eddit mine to a new lenth or compression in order to have it work. So thats what I have done. Enjoy.

Great lavender color and the action from the 1st video is great . I once had the same problem and went back to delete the video . I redid it again made it longer and did a complete different name to it. Seems some one else had a similer name and they both clashed. :) I just tried the second one again and it was working fine. Looks great running on the floor.

I am still trying to get the second video of the robot running around the floor to work. For some reason when I click on the link it says its a duplicate of an other video. Its not.

This one works fine so far

looks great with bump & go + moving arms

off the top of my head

I don't think many if any skirted robots had mechanical arms

Great customization, John! The Alps head sits nicely on the skirted body. Too bad the original toy manufacturers never thought of this in the first place! :)

Roboz said

looks great with bump & go + moving arms

off the top of my head

I don't think many if any skirted robots had mechanical arms

Well the all the gang skirted robots have mechanical linked arms " the rubber arm clutch dries out so this function does not always work these days so some do not know this" as well as the first version Robert the robot.

Archived