Custom Space Evil

Roboto

I got a Space evil limited edition brown w/silver eyes. I wanted to do one with lighted eyes and make it into a Multi colored metallic black finish. This one had some finish problems with it and has become a cool project. My first total take apart Space evil. I always wanted to know what made them tick. So far I have taken it totally apart Painted him and started to put him together as the paint dries in about 4 days. My next step is to light up the head. I am having fun doing this one. The legs were fun to do and reassamble. Working out great so far.

post-856-1281809642.jpg

post-856-1281809675.jpg

post-856-1281809705.jpg

cool paint job, is that c shaped spring thing on top of the cog the clutch for the rotate feature, mine has stopped working ?

The rotation is done thru the main shaft . As it runs the shaft with the 2 plastic gears with the top spring on the inner shaft lifts up causing it to make the click sounds stops the walking and while still spinning the gears hooks up with the top gear for rotation. With it apart and running I was watching it go thru the motions. This is the first time taking a space evil apart. :)

post-856-1281828493.jpg

I added 2 bulbs used for a Mini mag flash light that uses 2 double A batteries. Soldered it from the battery box to the wire on the off/on switch. This way is not on until switch is on. This is really fun to do. :)

post-856-1281884961.jpg

Started to do the same for a Space doom I recently bought. What I have done so far is a tear down and a re-paint. I will add 2 red bulbs to the head it has one clear. It is fun to see what makes them tick. This one has a cool spacestation with rockets for its spin wheel. A pic of what it was to what it will become in time. The Metallic multi metal flake paint needs a few days to dry now. The space evil was easier to take apart then the doom was. :)

post-856-1282256960.jpg

post-856-1282257057.jpg

post-856-1282257107.jpg

post-856-1282257132.jpg

Finished the Space doom. Was a little harder to put together the metal on them is very thin in some areas. I added a second bulb to the head on the back and painted the inner head also red. The metallic glitter flake paint turned out also great on the doom . :)

post-856-1282673869.jpg

• 2 years later...

Archived