Great Art That Also Entertains!

Rocket

Hi All,

Someone sent me this link to an artist's site, and I was so impressed with his stuff, I wanted to share it with y'all. It seems Randy Regier is fascinated with old toys, and replicates his own versions, down to the stained and faded boxes! Some of my favorites are the "American Battery Using Astronaut", an obvious homage to vintage space toys that went through D-cells like socks, and the "Godforsaken Astronaut" plummeting through the atmosphere on his way to eternal ruin. But my all time favorite has to be the "New Dog" toy by "Gypco". The actual maker's mark shows it made by "Shytee-Dae" toys with a jack in the box image that had me laughing every time I thought of it. Notice the blood on the dog's mouth... next time you're having a "shytee-dae", just have a look at this guy's art, and you'll be laughing in no time.

Regier nails each and every detail so well, I was almost convinced these were actual toys! And to think he not only crafted the boxes, but every aspect of the toys themselves as well. Truly inspired and comical art, enjoy!

http://randyregier.com/toys.php

ROCKET -[O_O]-

This guy is fantastic! Great talent and sense of humor. It's obvious he's doing this stuff first and foremost for himself. Love it! The plastic dog and card is very real looking. Amazing.

Archived