Papercraft Rocket!

dratomic

I absolutely love this ship! Unfortunately, I'm not one to spend hours squinting at cutout lines on a card while slicing away with an exacto knife. :blink: It's almost worth paying someone else to build it. :blush: Personally, I would blow up the image and print it on several sheets to make a bigger model, 14 inches would make a much better presentation.

If I can find the time I plan to blow up the files and make a larger version as well. I am thinking of adding a smoker to the tail pipes and maybe a LED or 2 to light up the smoke.

There you go John, always finding a way to make a cool toy even better, I can't wait to see the finished product! :o

Well here is the smoking ship. I had no easy way to make the ship larger so I just decided that the ship could be displayed with a copper pipe holding it in place. Then I used a battery operated fish tank air pump and a E cig heater and smoke juice tip and simply pump the smoke up to the ship threw the brass tube and out the tail pipes.

post-7-1280282970.jpg

post-7-1280283001.jpg

post-7-1280283030.jpg

post-7-1280283065.jpg

Here you can see the ship connected to the air pump base. The brass connecting tube can be removed. Also on the inside shot you can see the air pump and E cig smoker. I had to rout some tubing around the side to suck the smoke from the E cig into the pump, then the pump ejects it into the brass pipe up to the ship. I rewired the battery box for 3 volts it was a 2 D cell set up for 1.5 volts "longer run time of the air pump.

post-7-1280283311.jpg

post-7-1280283356.jpg

post-7-1280283407.jpg

Really nice job on the rocket! The rocket in the video looks just like it flew out of a Flash Gordon serial. Special effects come full circle.

Archived