Andybots At The Mulvane Exhibit

Andyman

As I mentioned before, I was asked to show some of my Andybots in the "Art of the Robot" exhibit at the Mulvane Art Museum in Topeka, Kansas. Since I won't be able to get out there anytime soon, I asked the curator, Carol Emert, if she could send me some pics of the exhibit. I also asked how the exhibit was being received and she said, "It has been wonderful. It is a great summer exhibit for families especially. Our numbers are up."

post-231-1279283351.jpg

I may have the smallest bots there but I was the only one with cool boxes. 😉

post-231-1279283369.jpg

Megohm was even featured in their newsletter. I don't know where the "5" came from.

Mulvane_wide_sm.jpgMulvane_cu_sm.jpgMulvane_newsletter_sm.jpg

post-231-1279283384.jpg

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

"If any man can the andy man can....." ;)

Concratulations!

Looks like a show we would all like to see.

You are rubbing elbows (or is it flex tubes) with some big names in the art robot world.

If any one goes to the show PLEASE post picures here.

Have Fun !

Mr. Jan

Andybots are now officially museum pieces! Right next to Clayton Bailey! How cool is that?

Congrats Andy.

"If any man can the andy man can....." ;)

Concratulations!

Looks like a show we would all like to see.

You are rubbing elbows (or is it flex tubes) with some big names in the art robot world.

If any one goes to the show PLEASE post picures here.

Have Fun !

Mr. Jan

Yeah, don't I know that. It's like I made the baseball team and all of the other players were my heroes. :huh:

FAME AT LAST!!!,,,,,,,,,,,,And it couldn't have happened to a nicer more talented bloke :wub:

Don't get all embarressed now ;)

Fantastic news Andy, see, hard work does pay off. It's nice when you accomplish a dream based on what you really enjoy doing. Someday a big corporation will have a giant Andybot mounted in their art garden, and I'll be able to say, "hey, I knew that guy". :)

As long as you're not saying, "He owes me money" I'm okay with that. ;)

Thanks everybody.

:blush: (that was for Sparks)

That's great Andy. Your stuff is true art. I love that robot zombie you sold me at Botstock. My daughter does too. I also like that little red one too. So imaginative. I admire you being able to look at something and know what it can be used for, and it works. I am in the process of trying that myself right now. I got a remote control car from Darryl as swag this year. Unfortunately the car doesn't work, but the domed container would make a perfect robot head. SO now I am on the look out for things that can go inside it, for arms, leges...etc. I want to try to build at least one custome robot in my life.

Archived