Music Box Robot Conversion

robothut

Well Ozzy sent me a metal sculpture music box, you know one of those fake brass/ copper looking sculptures that is made by the thousands in china but are supposed to look like a piece of hand built fokart, well the metal is not even copper, its just steel that has been chemical treated to look like brass or copper. What it origionaly looked like was a metal man playing a piano. I took a head from a R-1 and arms from a R-1 that I cut and bent at the elbow so they were not so straight and legs from the funny planet robot wind and chemicaly treated them to sort of match the fake metal art music box. The body is the music box piano. I also put in flashing lights in the eyes, ears, mouth and 3 green lights on the belt line. Its just a static piece other than the wind up music box but at least it looks origional now!

post-7-1279061880.jpg

post-7-1279061963.jpg

post-7-1279061989.jpg

Now that's a breather between serious projects. What a departure from the Fireman. You must have eaten a popsicle really fast!Brain freeze! :lol: Very cool, John.

Now that's a breather between serious projects. What a departure from the Fireman. You must have eaten a popsicle really fast!Brain freeze! :lol: Very cool, John.

Color's great & that chest has a radicon vibe to it .

Excellent choice for legs !! 2 claws up ;)

It looks and sounds great in action. You need to see the video to appreciate how cool this is. Another nice job John!

Glad to see the robot made the trip too you Ozz in good shape. I think the Music box song is called The Entertainer.

Really interesting looking robot. But those legs make it look like maybe he's had one too many cans of oil after work! LOL!! ;)

Archived