R-1 Fire Engine Robot Conversion

robothut

post-7-1278959603.jpgpost-7-1278959644.jpgpost-7-1278959694.jpgpost-7-1278959791.jpgpost-7-1278959850.jpgThis is part R-1 robot and part old fire truck toy. The very short You tube video will show the moving chemical gun / smoking action best.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ajEAO2ro6gw

There is a flashing light on top the head, the eyes flash, the two lights on the metal FIRE ENGNINE chest display alternatly flash, the fire man is lit, the chemical gun moves back and forth as it smokes, there is a siren efect and bump and go action. There is a switch on the back of the head that alows the chemical gun and lights to turned off to save power if you want. I put in the 2 D cell battery holder in the back for the extra power needed for the smoker and added motor / light functions.

post-7-1278959603.jpg

post-7-1278959644.jpg

post-7-1278959694.jpg

post-7-1278959791.jpg

post-7-1278959850.jpg

I love this one, John. A clever idea, and really well executed. It feels very cohesive, none of the parts feel out of place. And the action's fantastic!

Great job!

Really nice John!!!! I like the robot head. Is that the cab of the chemical fire truck? The clear chemical containers look great on the back.

What a great Conversion this R-1 is. I love the fire ladder on his side the details make him stand out. That fireman blasting away is fantastic. :)

This is a really original and amazing looking robot, John! Just beautiful! And I really like the oxygen hoses coming around from the air bottles on the back to the front of the robot's hood or "helmet". Reminds me of my Rosko Astronaut. The low style of the "helmet hood" really blends well into the main body of the robot. Not common and so smooth looking. Great job, as always! ;)

Archived