Cool Vintage Art From Shigeru Komatsuzaki

Andyman

Love his art. Very amusing commentary with non artists. Some of his work confuses me as to content but I'm sure there's a very good reason for everything portrayed relative to criteria for the illustrations.

Back in the 60s when I was a kid I would have loved this. And the kid in me today still loves it. Back in the 60s I did a lot of drawings with space ships flying around, atomic bomb explosions, tanks and little stick figures shooting at each other...very Apocalyptic. But as a kid I didn't see it that way. This guy was drawing things in a similar vein, but of course so much better than a 10 year old. His art shows a world at war, buildings falling down and machines tearing the world apart — the proportions and detail is amazing. This is the opposite vision of technology making the world a better place. It must be an extension of the Japanese WW2 psyche. All of this is what draws me to toy robots and the science fiction art from this era.

Maybe a new section could be created for Science Fiction art on this discussion board. I keep seeing threads show up on this subject on a regular basis and I find it interesting. Although I like them on the main board also so I don't miss them.

:lol: :lol: hilarious comments :lol: hope steve and his ex with the oversized rockets get back together :lol: :lol:

and fantastic artwork, the most robot paintings are in the japanese model kit book, can recommend it to everybody here!

• 3 months later...
  • 4 years later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Archived