B9 Wacky Wobbler

kennetzel

Hi guys. I got the Robby Wacky Wobbler a while back. I was always curious as to why they haven't yet followed him up with a B9. I took a drawing I did of him, reworked it to look like a bobble head and posted it on the Funko message board. They told me there to send the pic to a guy named brian@funko.com. So I sent him the reworked drawing. He wrote back asking if I had views from the side and back. I told him I can draw them. He said not necessary, just blueprints or pics of the robot would be fine. He said they needed them for sculpting. WOW. Apparently he liked the idea. So I sent him the drawing from the Alpha Control Tech Manual. I also pitched him an idea of doing one like the Remco. I told him that amongst Robot collectors, it is a popular toy. I informed him of the Mechanical Men episod of LIS and that it would be a hot seller not only for being a Remco, but also as a character from the show. So he asked me to send pics of one of my Remco's too...all different views. So I sent him all this, and he wrote back He said he promises to look into it and will immediately look into licensing issues. I told him that there are cookie jars, key chains and PEZ dispensers...why not a bobble head. So maybe we will have one coming soon. I will keep you guys posted with whatever I hear. Here is my drawing.

post-125-1277939063.jpg

It's WACKY

It WOBBLES

It's WONDERFUL

Great job Ken, I like the "shine" effect that you have been using lately... :)

Thanks Darryl. I have had Corel for years...every drawing I do, I try something new. I always had a hard time shading odd shapes. I mean, the standard shades are for oval, cylinder and cone. What do you do with you have to do a pleat in the robots leg section...So I figured out how to blend colors without using a standard shade, but I found it only works if you use extremes...thus the darks and the shine or highlights. So it does an a dimension to the piece.

This is great . Hope they make him. I would buy him and hopefully a few Chase ones will be made in colors like a black/white one or a golden version. :)

• 3 weeks later...

This is Great news! I wrote Dunco a month or so ago and they told me there isn't enough interest? I hope what you sent them gets the ball rolling!

I have a 1:1 B9 that I built and a bobble head would be awesome next to my Robby!

I am assuming Dunco was a typo...I've been sending my drawings to FUNKO...I hope I'm not sending them to the wrong place...LOL. But they didn't say anything to me about lack of interest when I sent them the pic. In fact, Brian seemed enthused. I can't see why there would be a lack of interest. I personally think this would sell more units than the Robby. No offense against Robby, but Robby appeals mostly to diehard sci fi folk and robot fans...almost a cult following. But this guy really appeals to the pop culture in general. I mean...who doesn't know DANGER WILL ROBINSON? I know a lot of NOT sci fi or Lost in Space fans who would want one. I don't think Funko knows the market as well as they think. From the info I have gathered, the LIS toys Trendmaster's sold from the classic series were hot sellers for them. The movie toys bottomed out. And the PEZ dispenser was a popular item too. They ought to re test the market.

FUNKO is correct I had just gotten home and I was somewhat out of it, very hot day in the plant and I worked 12hr's 2nd shift! But yes I hope they make one that would be sweet!

I would love to have a B-9 Wobbler standing next to my Robby Wobbler! Let's hope they take Ken's lead on this one! ;)

Archived