Evil Female Robot Drawing

kennetzel

Though corny, the Lost in Space episode Dedlier of the Species is watchable because it has another robot in it, though rather dull. But I did a capture of a frame of the episode and drew this picture.

post-125-1276901505.jpg

Though corny, the Lost in Space episode Dedlier of the Species is watchable because it has another robot in it, though rather dull. But I did a capture of a frame of the episode and drew this picture.

Great great rendering Ken. I'm surprised not many more replyed to this post. Beautifully done. It's interesting to note: Her main body was originally designed as the Jupiter 2's NGS scanner for use in the series second episode: The Derelict. This wonderful prop was later used as a Table Base for 'Ghost in Space (Another 1st season episode), Clearly seen again as the precursor to your rendition as Officer 03 in year 2's 'The Ghost Planet', as a prop in the 'Dream Monster', and then to your great rendition. Beautifuly done!

Yeah, I did notice it was the scanner. It looks like they widened it a bit, but I recognized the capsule shaped pipes and the moon shaped dish reflectors on the side. It is pretty much the same robot from Ghose Planet, isn't it? Lost in Space is well known for using and reusing props. It gets to be a game to pick out what is what this week that was something else last week. They even used the Jupiter 2 miniature as a control prop in Cave of the Wizards.

I like this. I happen to have a copy of the studio blue prints for the version in the Ghost Planet. I plan to make a 1:6 scale version to go with my LIS action figures. Great work!!!!

Wow...you have plans for the Ghost Planet robot. That's great. Where would one get these. I would love to see them. People like a lot of sci fi because of the deep meaning in some stories. I happen to like the hardware...guns, controll panals, ROBOTS...So I would love to see those plans. Thanks for posting.

Here are some shots of the blueprints. The Jpegs are a bit hard to read.

If control panels and stuff is what you want join the Lost in Space Props group on Yahoo.

Bob

post-226-1277387955.jpg

post-226-1277387991.jpg

post-226-1277388035.jpg

• 1 month later...

Because of your great rendition, I started building one Saturday night. Small one 18" or so. Problem, I can't find any good still shots from at least two sides. I tried photographing from the episode while it was playing,,,no good detail. Any links to good stills ??

No. There really isn't. I ended up capturing scenes from the episode in Power DVD to get reference pics for the drawing.

Archived