Code Blue Thunder Robot Conversion

robothut

The Space Patrol decided that they needed a new version of the Thunder robot. One that could tell the difference between some of the new space threats and good hard working bots. So they made Code Blue thunder robot with his giant Tape memory computer system . The robot uses a thunder robot gear box, new legs were made from metal. The body is modified from a old TOMY Talk Bot robot, the arms are thunder with out the claws. The antennas are from chief robot men as is the internal gear boxt that drives them from the tunder gear box drive useing a flex shaft . When the robot is walking the Eyes are lit steady, when the robot stops walking the eyes flash the computer pulsates and the arm blaster's pulsate. There is a mechanical blaster sound produced when the blaster are pulsating as well. The head and arms can be manualy postioned.

Here is a very short You Tube video of the action. Since the actions repeat there was no reason to show a longer video just keep hitting play for the full effect.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ueKQ4HeACBE

also a page on my web site about the robot.

http://www.robothut.robotnut.com/CodeBlueThunderPage.html

post-7-1276358674.jpg

post-7-1276358723.jpg

post-7-1276358775.jpg

post-7-1276358812.jpg

I really like this guy, John. Color, various parts. Very different. Somehow it seems he should be a supervisor in a factory. :P The only thing that bothers me at all is that perhaps he should have some kind of hands.

WOW!! John, this time you really outdid yourself! :D There is something really charming about this robot that makes him look super friendly and ready to serve. And Gerti can't stop watching the video! LOL! She says it's her favorite so far. ;)

Cool! nice job very different.

Very differe Somehow it seems he should be a supervisor in a factory. :P

Thats probably he's a bit portly - kind of what you would expect from a suprervisor in a factory.

Ho-ho-ho...John, this is a definite new classic robot :o , why I'd buy one in a heartbeat! It has all the style of those old robots depicted in the pulps of the 50's. Sort of a "Sydney Greenstreet" look about him. Gosh, I wish that some toy company would take a hint from your designs and start mass producing some of these pieces so we can all have one. :rolleyes:

There is something really charming about this robot that makes him look super friendly and ready to serve.

Yeah, Pat. Except for the giant freakin' ray gun arms! :blink:

Seriously, John, a wonderful, clever creation -- as usual!

Sort of a "Sydney Greenstreet" look about him.

I was thinking Alfred Hitchcock myself. :lol:

Absolutely fabulous, John..... my new favorite! :)

Thats too funny! I was thinking Alfred Hitchcock also, in fact I almost named the robot Alfred! so here is a box art design I made for the project, as per normal I stold the basic arwork from old pulp book covers.

post-7-1276622469.jpg

• 4 weeks later...

Alfred Hitchcock? I don't know about that. But if you ask me, the guy on that box cover illustration sure looks like John Rigg! :P

Yes, there's definitively a *Hitchy* air about him!

(I graduated with a thesis on Hitchcock - so with all my authority I'll file this one as "Sir-A-Bot"!)

Great bot! And with seeing Hitchcock in/through him even greater!

Archived