1984 Patent For Magnatron / Toby Robots

robothut

Hi, I've seen that you succeed in getting patents for all robots. Could you perhaps help me in finding the patent for "AUTO SONIC RIFLE SPACE PATROL"?. I need to restore it and I would like to see how is made the internal mechanism.

I've tried to connect me to your website, but it is impossible.

Thanks and best regards

Thunder46

Well what happened is this. There was a post made here about rocket or gun or something a few weeks ago with a googal link to the patent, so I clicked on the link and once there I put in ROBOT as the search word. That turned up a few things that had nothing to do with toys that we all like but once you open one of the links they give you there will be more links based on the link you opened. So every time you go deeper and deeper in to the rabbits hole if you will the googal paptent search computer keeps changing the search a little and this wen on for about 5 hours one night. I was afraid to stop following the links because as long as I kept going my browser would high light seaches that I had already seen. Being on dial up I did not want to waist time repoping links that I had already looked at just new ones that might lead me too a new robot. And as you can see non of the patents have titles for what your looking for, for example ROBOT COMMANDO is filled under REMOTLY CONTROLED ELECTRIC TOY and ROBERT the ROBOT was under TOY ROBOT. Z-MAN the BRAIN was under SELF STEERING TOY VEHICLE, so there is no way to look for something based on what the toy was called when it was sold. Now if the toy has a paptent number on it then you enter that number in the search window. I have found that Googal patent search does not include all patents many patent numbers that I have entered from toys result in nothing. The real patent web site might have more of these old patents but they require some special down load of a viewer to open patents before 1970 or some date around there that my computer did not like so I have not searched the paptent web site. So once I was lucky enough to have the google search computer come up with alot of the tpyes of robot I did want that night I just had to keep going. Alll the files were PDF files so I saved them and then lator I would open each one up in a photo shop program I had to buy so that I could resave the files as jpeg files that could be uploadedd too this web site. I found almost 100 robot patents that night that had to do with toy robots so I have only begun to post what I found, but its so much work to find save and translate the files too jpeg then crop and resize them and then upload them here that it might be a long time before I run out of new patent files.

So if you could tell what a AUTO SONIC RIFLE SPACE PATROL is and if it has a paptent number on it that would help in the search. AS for emailing me from my web site it works fine I get lots of emails every day from people that visit the site, so you may want to check your computer setting or it could be that you get kicked in to the yahoo spam folder its hard to say, so many things can and do go wrong in cyberspace.

Hi robothut..Thanks for putting that up..I have three variations on the magnatron theme..obviously magnatron..the sticker is missing on the gold one but i"m sure its talkatron?..it has the same voicebox as the new bright (i think magic mike the atomic robot)..and lastly robotron..none of them sadly have there utility belts anymore and the guns are long gone..but they are still an imposing robot and great for display..too many batteries required and almost valuless in the market place..i sold my collection of magic mikes, quite a few variations and awesome if you set them all going at the same time..I did once repair the smokebox in one of them but it turned into winston churchill and you could not see the robot for smoke..a little too sucessful methinks..thanks again robothut...hj.

Archived