Computer Robot From 1979 Patent Drawings.

robothut

post-7-1274805861.jpgpost-7-1274805891.jpgpost-7-1274805923.jpgpost-7-1274805962.jpgI was down loading a few robot patent drawings the other night (about 100 of them) and could not I.D. this robot. Yes the head we all know and the body we all know but was it ever made as shown? If so what was the name of the robot. It was filed in 1979.

On the picture that is not numbered do you see where is says References sited Publications, do any of you have those old catologs and could check the pages they mention? Joe you might have these. I do not expect any thing great from this old catolog check I am more interested in what might be there for the fun of it. When you read that section did you knotice that in 1967 they made a robot with a cold! They call it the Hacking martian or maybe it was a slasher robot like ZOM-BOT?

OK thanks to Alphadrome lurker Gilbert C. We now know the robot is called Computer Robot and have pictures.

post-7-1274805861.jpg

post-7-1274805891.jpg

post-7-1274805923.jpg

post-7-1274805962.jpg

post-7-1274826795.jpgI just recieved a email from aguy who had saved a picture from Ebay of this robot and the box. Sooooo Coooool. Computer Robot.

post-7-1274826795.jpg

Definitely a mish-mash of a bunch of robots. I like it but am a fan of symmetry and would prefer it with two clawed hands.

I agree with Tinman, I'd like him better if he held a gun, instead of the arrangement shown here. Additionally, I despise white on a robot, any other color would improve it, but I like the look of the head, sinister and alien, I'd buy one...ummm, in a different color, of course. :blush:

I recognized the tobor head but I have never seen it before. I like it!!

post-7-1274890260.jpgpost-7-1274890281.jpgpost-7-1274890401.jpgpost-7-1274890420.jpgSo you want to see the robot in a different color. OK Also more white pictures. Also I was told that mr JAN, he has one in his collection just behind the big Rosie, near the SH silver astronaut. so I would love to here from him about the bot and functions or a different box art.

post-7-1274890260.jpg

post-7-1274890281.jpg

post-7-1274890401.jpg

post-7-1274890420.jpg

Thanks for the additional shots John. I don't mean to drift from the topic, but... that's Mr. Jan's collection? Wow, that's a veritable traffic jam of robots, amazing! :o Ok..."we now return you to our regularly scheduled program". :blush:

Hello John;

Yes that is mine behind the vinyl Rosie.

I'm afraid it never has worked and at one time it was white.

cheap white plactic will yellow with age and exposure to light especialy sun light

And No box. So I can't help much here.

I know that Xris has at last one.

Not to hijack your thread but Tinplate6.

If you click on the hyper link at the bottom of any of my posts

it will take you to my collection web site.

Have Fun!

Mr. Jan

Yes now that I look at the picture more closely I see that it is yellowed plastic as the spots that did not get light are still whiter. I have found that next to sun light, floressent tube light is the worst. I have UV covers on all my floressent light tubes now but at one time did not and many of the mint in box plastic robots like VERBOT and CHAT bot yellowed very fast! So no sun and keep your floressent tubes OFF when ever possible and or buy the UV covers for the tubes. One day the new LED lightsing will be cheep enough to replace all other formes of lighting, till then.

Archived